To help my cousin..maybe if you used to be an elder..

by hereiam! 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Hereiam,

First of all, .....sad isn't it??? They have 'all the power'.....and the wield it.

I'm a former elder....recently fading. I have a great deal of experience on JC's (unfortunately).....Here is my advice:

Tell her to cease ALL contact. Do not answer letters. Do NOT answer phone calls. If necessary, tell her to make a new rule for herself: if the number comes up on caller I.D. as one she doesn't know....do NOT ANSWER IT. If any JW outside of the immediate family she wants to keep make an attempt to contact her, do NOT answer them in any way! Especially not your mother!

What state do you live in? Check to see if their are harrassment or stalker laws. If, for some reason, she comes into contact with them.....(she should avoid them at all cost)...... she can say "I don't know what you're talking about......do you have 2 witnesses to this?" If they say yes, she can say "according to Matt. 18 they can approach me.....".......but she should otherwise DENY anything.

If they press her on "do you want to be a JW?"......tell her to respond with "I'll answer that if you can answer this: According to Gal. 6:1, if you felt I was making a false step, you were supposed to shepherd me YEARS ago........ why didn't you do that? I have nothing further to say to you..... My attorney has kept track of every phone call and letter..... the next effort to contact me will trigger him into action. I am going to let him know you attempted to communicate with me today. Have a nice day."

Avoid them at all cost. But the hint of a legal complication will send the vast majority of inexperienced 'elders' running......

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

To Doubtingbro,

You're right about marrying an 'unbeliever'....however, they are likely coming after her to extract a confession of immorality during courtship.....or especially when they were living under the same roof.

Ezekiel 34 ............ I just keep seeing it everyday.

• hereiam!
    hereiam!

darinheart13-

That is great advice. I know for a fact they don't even have one witness!! But keeping her mouth shut and giving them absolutly nothing to go with seems the wisest. I know hell will freeze over before she would admit anything to them, even if it were true! Its none of their buisness and they have NO god given authority over her. Thanks a million!

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Glad I could help Hereiam......YES,.....always remember......silence is golden. Tell them nothing. Give them nothing. You owe them nothing.

• hereiam!
    hereiam!

LOL love it!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Don't talk, dont meet, don't answer the phone. Live free. Give no fuel for the fire. W.Once

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Now, my mother ( witness in the worst way..) who lived nearby started all this crap about how she should be punished for marrying this guy since she's still a baptized witness and has been "hiding" her

life and he is worldly

I think someone should put a bug in your mom's ear that she could be df'd for slander if she's not careful. Also she should be advised that she should approach your cousin first before going to the elders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit