Initial Analysis Of The Times Square Bombing Attempt

by leavingwt 166 Replies latest social current

• JWoods
    JWoods

Once again, Beks, I am afraid I must point out that those on the political left are very sympathetic to the Jihad cause -

• beksbks
    beksbks

How do you possibly come up with that here Woods??

• JWoods
    JWoods
    It's a shame a guy who appeared to actually get it, is now pandering to the morons. To the detriment of us all.

From that. I assumed you meant Obama - and were denouncing him taking a strong military stand in Pakistan with the drones.

• beksbks
  • JWoods
    JWoods

Because I am more fun to talk to than MadJW.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

FBI Search Near Boston in Times Square Bomb Probe

U.S. authorities were searching two locations in the Boston area in connection with the attempted bombing in Times Square on May 1, an FBI spokesman said on Thursday.

"Two search warrants are being executed in the Boston area in relation to the Times Square bomb. They are looking for evidence related to the investigation," spokesman Richard Kolko said.

Pakistani-American Faisal Shahzad has been charged with driving the crude homemade bomb into midtown Manhattan and said he acted alone, according to authorities. But investigators have uncovered possible links to the Pakistani Taliban and a Kashmiri Islamist group.

The Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility for a failed bombing attempt. If proven, it would be the group's first act in the United States.

Shahzad, 30, who was born in Pakistan and became a U.S. citizen last year, has admitted to the failed plot and to receiving bomb-making training in a Taliban and al Qaeda stronghold in Pakistan, prosecutors said.

He has been charged with attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction and trying to kill and maim people, as well as other counts. Shahzad is yet to appear in court as he has waived his U.S. legal rights and is talking to investigators.

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/news/2010/05/fbi_search_near_boston_in_times_square_bomb_probe.php?ref=fpa

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

An update. . .

Bomber Sentenced, Warns of More Attacks

The Pakistani immigrant who tried to detonate a car bomb on a busy Saturday night in Times Square accepted a life sentence with a smirk Tuesday and warned that Americans can expect more bloodshed at the hands of Muslims.

“Brace yourselves, because the war with Muslims has just begun,” 31-year-old Faisal Shahzad told a federal judge. “Consider me the first droplet of the blood that will follow.”

His punishment for building the propane-and-gasoline bomb and driving it into the heart of the city in an SUV in May was a foregone conclusion, since the charges to which he pleaded guilty carried a mandatory life sentence, which under federal rules will keep him behind bars until he dies.

. . .

http://dailycaller.com/2010/10/05/times-square-bomber-faces-sentencing-in-nyc/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit