Have You Ever Been In A Toxic Relationship?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

How would you/did you end it?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yeah with a mythical being called Jehovah.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I got out by waking up.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yes, I have - my first marriage.

Ended by D-I-V-O-R-C-E.

After my two sisters and I, along with a nephew, beat him so that it was shameful.

The whole neighborhood laughed at him.

Sylvia

• Terry
    Terry

Doncha remember, Minimus? I moved out! You threw my stuff out the window but later kept calling and calling.......

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Yes. In 1989 I was baptized as one of JWs. In April 2008, I disassociated myself, ending the toxic relationship.

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

Yes it was long drawn out on off relationship; just because you love someone doesn't automatically mean you are right for each other.

We were two people who should never have been in the same room let alone go out. He pursued me for over a year with letters, visits and even wrote me a song.

First time he broke up with me by letter (what a coward), second time on the phone told me he would be embarrassed if I came to his party as he was bringing someone else so I told him to go to hell and we haven't spoken since that was 15 years ago.

Ironically I got on better with his mum a lovely lady who both Spawn and I where good friends with for many years.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I was for over 25 years with my ex...it really was toxic ...and only now that I am in a 'normal' marriage do I see how very sick he was...whats worse was that after some time it meant that the relationship itself was very sick and unhealthy ...cyclical...awful...cant believe I wasted so many years hoping things would improve....

Loz x

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I think I'm in one with a monkey right now...

But in all seriousness, toxic relationships are really hard to identify when you're in them and that's what's so scary. The drama becomes addictive and hard to break free from.

• blondie
    blondie

My relationship with my parents was toxic. I grew up and left and finally stopped all contact altogether. It was like a boulder was lifted from my shoulders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit