Just a short observation on my Bible study.

by outlander 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• outlander
    outlander

I thought it would be fun to say yes to a weekly bible study just to see how far I could go in undermining the J.W. beliefs, also to be honest I thought it would make a family member happy. So I slowly and methodically refuted and questioned all the nutty things that my study teacher, or whatever he's called, tried to throw at me over a period of about 4 months. Towards the last few weeks the teacher, whatever, would say that he'd be over around 11.00 and then not show up untill after 12.00. Sometimes he wouldn't show up at all, or even call to offer an explaination. I guess I was supposed to just put my life on hold and hope he decided to show up! On other occasions he would get so mad that he would turn red in the face and yell out, (I DON'T WAT TO HEAR THAT!), or some such rant. Thing is, he would refuse to read, or listen to, any proof I had assembled showing that he might possibly be wrong, and if I pushed the issue and challenged him in any way he just went batshit. It was as if his brain had been short circuited or something. Mind you, this same person told me one day that that he couldn't go into any thrift stores that were operated by the Salvation Army or any other religion. This wonderful insight came about when i was telling him where to find some bargains on some things he was looking for. I leave others to comment on this one. It leaves me speachless. To make this short, I eventually tired of the game and called him, leaving a message on his answering machine that I could no longer continue the studies since i had absolute proof that he was simply wasting his time teaching a false set of beliefs and since it was a bunch of Hoooey I saw no reason to waste my time learning it. I did leave him a carrot though, I told him that if he wanted to come by and read and discuss the Bible itself, no Watchtowers or Witness books allowed, that I would be fine with that. As I suspected, it's been a week now and no response whatsoever. He has simply drifted off in hopes of finding new converts. I feel sorry for the guy. He's in his late 40's, has no children because he said that to bring children into this wicked world would be bad for them. Spends 30-40 hours a week going door to door, plus trying to keep a handyman business going. Not even the new Generational change notice fazed him. He just stated that he wanted to be ready for armageddon no matter when it occured and he was certain that it was soon. Within his lifetime for sure. Anyway, just wanted to share this with everyone here. I don't post much, but try to be interesting when I do.

Outlander

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Destructive mind control is alive and real. If a person is happy and doesn't want to leave the cult, it is nearly impossible to get them out.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Outlander,

Welcome to the forum!! :D

Thank you for your post!! How funny!! I bet you STILL have his wheels a turning!! You never know what you may have said that will lay heavy on his heart and mind..perhaps oneday he will show up at your door telling you how right you were! Thanks for shaing...keep posting! :)

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• looloo
    looloo

outlander , that was so funny , well done , unless hes a total moron (which he prob is !) hes bound to have some doubts , wish i could do that !

• peaches
    peaches

hi and welcome here....nice to have you....

• cantleave
    cantleave

Poor man. I feel sorry for him, he has put his life on hold for a paradigm of misinformation and false hopes. I know so many good people in the same position.

• logic
    logic

If I believed that a person could be posessed then the jws would confirm it for me. Everytime I have tried

to talk to jw friends, relatives about anything wrong about the society they all go off the deep end . It is

actually a very strange thing to watch. When they get like that you might just as well forget it.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Outlander, you have done a wonderful thing. Maybe the doubts will someday take hold. Maybe your planted seeds will grow.

I just had a thought. Those who have been OUT of the Borg for awhile might not realize this but JWs NO LONGER report their Bible students by name and address. They just put down the number of Bible Studies they conducted on the regular time sheet. THEREFORE, someone like Outlander or you or I could presumably accept a Bible study like this OVER AND OVER every time a JW comes to our door and the congregation would have no way of knowing you're doing it unless/until your current study conductor brings along one of your former study conductors. You can nip that in the bud by asking him/her to come alone (that 2-on-1 would make you uncomfortable or some such reason).

• outlander
    outlander

That might work in a larger city but i live in a small Mtn. town in North Georgia. The tourists outnumber the regulars in the summer and the congregation is under 50 to 60 on a good day. Perhaps not that many.

• man in black
    man in black

that poor man,,,,,,,,,,,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit