Very Shocking, Damned News: Watchtower Reports to UN Agency

by Scott77 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Scott77
    Scott77

Dated August 26, 2009, from the Watchtower through the European Association of Jehovah’s Christian Witnesses, the organization shamelessly reports its contribution to the Report of the U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights on the implementation of the new review mechanism of the Human Rights Council, established by GA Resolution 60/251 and by the Human Rights Council in Resolution 5/1 of 18 June 2007 for the 7th session 2010. Please, see the full link to the report below.

http://lib.ohchr.org/HRBodies/UPR/Documents/Session7/EG/EAJCW_UPR_EGY_S07_2010_TheEuropeanAssociationofJehovahsChristianWitnesses.pdf

Please, bring up new questions based on this report. For a start, here is one question from my side.

1) Is the Watchtower as a religious agency, constitutionally obliged to report to the UN, the 'disgusting thing that cause desolation' and 'is under Satan'?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The WT being in bed with the UN was a fairly big deal to me when I was an active Dub and first learned of it. Now that I realize that their entire take on scripture is baloney, their being in bed with the UN isn't so bad. It's merely another hypocrisy to add to the list of Borg hypocrisies.

Hypocrisy is not good, don't get me wrong. But now that I don't believe the UN is the disgusting thing or that Satan rules it and/or the world, being buddies with them kind of loses its evil-ness.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

They bad mouth the UN ,governments, the use of blood ......unless it benifits their own needs . They are leeches sucking off what they need in society ,yet never supporting said society agencies ....

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I fail to see why it should be shocking and damning to do the utmost to end or to draw the attention to a harassment or persecution carried out in a country, because of one's religious faith.

• highdose
    highdose

i don't understand what this is about??? can someone please enlighten me? And yes i have read it

• nelly136
    nelly136

the borg is just protecting their publishing business by using the world and governmental organisations, they know their god hasnt and wont be fixing anything anytime soon or ever.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If they are not crossing a line that they have drawn in the sand then you are wasting your time mentioning it to a JW. There are important issues where they have transgressed. I suggest you stick to these.

• Scott77
    Scott77

If they are not crossing a line that they have drawn in the sand then you are wasting your time mentioning it to a JW. There are important issues where they have transgressed. I suggest you stick to these.

Black Sheep

Huh???????????????????????????????????????

• baltar447
    baltar447

I agree old hippie. I just don't see this particular thing as a scandal, compared to the whole NGO thing.

• Scott77
    Scott77

My troubling questions are: In what capacity is the WTS reporting to the UN? And why does it does it? Is the WTS constitutionally obliged to report to such a world Body? Why do they not only pray to Jehovah instead of writing to the UN?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit