Question about paint

by Elsewhere 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I've been doing a bit of painting around the house. (touching up trim and chipped paint)

While handling the paint I discovered something odd:

1. When I get paint on my hands, it is nearly impossible to get it off.
    2. When I have paint on my hands, everything I touch gets paint on it.

If statement 1 is true, then where is all of the paint from statement 2 coming from?

I bet I could put a small smudge of paint on my hand and use that to paint an entire house!

• rebel8
    rebel8

I suspect a chicken and an egg question are coming next, or where all the socks go when you put them in the dryer.

By any chance is it the no VOC paint? I'm thinking about trying it soon & was wondering how easy it is to work with.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> By any chance is it the no VOC paint?

Hell no! I'm using a man's paint... good-ol-fashioned oil based paint and mineral spirits paint thinner! (Grunt Grunt Grunt)

I know most people hate that smell, but I actually like it because it reminds me of my childhood. My family would buy an old fixer-upper house and live in it while we fixed it up... and then sell it and buy another...

Construction smells make me nostalgic.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

everything I touch gets paint on it

Better not touch your winky then or you'll get busted!

• StoneWall
    StoneWall
    Better not touch your winky then or you'll get busted!

and if you're using red paint, you could get caught red handed.....muhahahhahaaha

• JeffT
    JeffT

Elsewhere - I like oil based paint, it wears like iron and you can actually clean it without taking half of it off the wall.

As to your questions:

1) oil based paint comes off when the skin comes off

2) evidently paint grows when in contact with human skin.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

@ JeffT

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Don't try to get the paint off your hands. Chicks dig guys who work around the house.

W

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

My job is Paint Sales

• logic
    logic

Why does paint not last on a wall but drops on a floor will last forever?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit