Tomorrow is D-day

by Danni 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Danni
    Danni

Okay people I am going to the Jehovah's Witnesses congregation to talk with the preist or Elders. I have over a dozen questions to ask them, they are short and to the point. If anyone want to give any last minute advice I am listening. I will come back after work tonight and look at the advice you all give..

My partner wants to come along too. I said, only if he doesn't wear his police uniform I don't want them to misunderstand my visit.

Have a nice day all. Besafe.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall.

Lilacs

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • SixofNine
    SixofNine

Danni-Day. I love it.

Do ask if they will allow you to record it, if only to see their reaction. If they do, it will make it much easier on you to relate.

Do they know how this all transpired? Your poor boy! *shakes head* lol

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I doubt this will be the event you are expecting.

The elders will basically view this as a 'public affairs' sort of opportunity. They will answer your questions on a very basic level to the degree are able to comprehend.

Since the organization can never be put in a bad or negative light, you need to keep in mind that answers to your questions will be worded in such a way to sidestep anything that would admit error or wrong doing on the part of the organization or it's leadership.

Anything negative will be portrayed as "exagerations" or "misrepresentations" by opposers or "apostates". Likely you will be invited to meetings and offered a "free home bible study" where the "more important scriptural questions" can be answered.

You might be subtly questioned as to the extent of your relationship with your JW friend, since such a relationship is highly discouraged shy of being forbidden. It is considered unacceptable, and your friend could be subjected to diciplinary measures if you reveal having any sort of relationship with him.

Path

• belbab
    belbab

Lilacs,

You say: I would like to be a fly on the wall.

I would like to be a circle fly, like in the following:

A farmer got pulled over by a state trooper for speeding, and the trooper, a portly thick necked fellow, started to lecture the farmer about his speed, and in general began to throw his weight around to try to make the farmer uncomfortable.

Finally, the trooper got around to writing out the ticket, and as he was doing that he kept swatting at some flies that were buzzing around his head.

The farmer said, "Having some problems with circle flies there, are ya?"

The trooper stopped writing the ticket and said-

"Well yeah, if that's what they are---I never heard of circle flies."

So the farmer says- "Well, circle flies are common on farms. See, they're called circle flies because they're almost always found circling around the back end of a horse."

The trooper says, "Oh," and goes back to writing the ticket. Then after a minute he stops and says, "Are you trying to call me a horse's ass?"

The farmer says, "Oh no, officer. I have too much respect for law enforcement and police officers to even think about calling you a horse's ass."

The trooper says, "Well, that's a good thing," and goes back to writing the ticket.

After a long pause, the farmer says, "Hard to fool them flies though."

• TR
    TR

Danni,

Check this link out: http://www.geocities.com/osarsif/index2.htm

Also look at http://www.freeminds.org/ Lots of good info. Make sure and check out the links to other sites.

TR

"YK is his name, false prophecy is his game"

• moman
    moman

Danni, why talk to them at all & give them any credibility? I guess a good laugh iz ok & if you can rescue some of the BRAINWASHED sheep, then thats good!

• Waygooder64
    Waygooder64

Hey Danni! Boy are you brave lass!! Most of us could`nt wait to leave that goofy bunch of dinks and you want to wade into the fray!! If I were you I would wear your uniform.It would take some of superiority from them and put you on a more level playing field.There will be more than one elder or ministerial servant there (that is someone who has`nt fully reached "spiritual maturity" but still dresses bad..white socks with dress shoes,that is an inside joke).They WILL turn your questions into a big gang save,trying to preach to you and still make you feel that your questions were answered.Even though they will not say it, their true intention when meeting someone like you is to convert you.Ask them point blank if they would give their blessing to this relationship with this "brother" even if you decide not to become a witness.There will be bible pages flapping faster than you can draw your own sidearm!!They will answer questions with a question trying to make their beliefs sound reasonable.Just stick to the format that you have laid out for yourself,and don`t let them stray from each specific question.The elders and MS`s that are going to be there are probably having a fist fight right now to see who is going head up this sheepfest!!Just take it easy and don`t let them turn things around,but be prepared that you may be more confused that ever..just my thoughts....good luck

• gumby
    gumby

Danni: How about ask them this....Do you think the end is very close?
    They will say yes.
    Then ask....if I decide not to ever be a Jehovah's Witness...will I die at armaggedon? They'll skip around that one even though they believe you WILL die.

Then you could ask your boyfriend.. right in front of them..Do you want a relationship with someone who will be dead in a few years?
    This sounds a little funky but that is exactly how they believe regardless of what they tell you.

ALL will die that does not join their organisation once that person has been presented their views and rejects them.

• Patriot
    Patriot

I know you may not want to, but how about getting a little recording device?

Mav.-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit