Gray hairs and the Stress of Coming Out of the WTS

by Scott77 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Scott77
    Scott77

To many, coming out of the cult- griping WTS's enslavement, mind control and bondage to freedom have not been an easy journey. Some have developed stress, depression, other committed sucide, had broken marriages, severed family and social relationship. Still, others had to contend for years, the scourge of emotional turmil on their lives. My question now is. Have you developed gray hairs as a result of those life stressors? Do you blame the WTS for being the principal party?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I'm the opposite, fortunately. Being a Dub became torture. I hated it at the end, and could barely stomach sitting through a meeting. Happy happy happy since I left.

Then again, I have all of my immediate family with me. A divided household would be very stressful, I can imagine.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Do you blame the WTS for being the principal party?

No. Assigning blame is counter-productive. I prefer to take corrective action. Joining the JW cult was one of my bad decisions. I corrected it.

My workmates have gray hairs just as I do, and they were never JWs, so I assume my gray hairs are probably just a normal sign of aging.

W

• wobble
    wobble

For me it was a painful journey at first, I was in for 58 years, all my family and friends were in, and I was not sure how my wife would react.

I have been lucky, my wife has made the journey with me to a certain extent, she and I do not see eye to eye on all things, but we do agree that the JW's have no truth and are just a mind-controlling cult.

I am now the happiest I have ever been in my life, content that I have made the right decision, and from now on my life is what I make it.

Life is not easy for someone of my age with no pension etc. but I do feel the stress levels have fallen since I have left.

I am at peace with myself and the world, that means a lot. I am very grey headed though, can't change that !

Wobble

• peaches
    peaches

they are responsible for alot of my pain and scar's....on the other hand,,my own stupidity did not help..

• Scott77
    Scott77

they are responsible for alot of my pain and scar's....on the other hand,,my own stupidity did not help..

peaches

My question now is. Have you developed gray hairs as a result of those life stressors? Do you blame the WTS for being the principal party?

• Scott77
    Scott77

Life is not easy for someone of my age with no pension etc. but I do feel the stress levels have fallen since I have left. I am at peace with myself and the world, that means a lot. I am very grey headed though, can't change that !

wobble

Wobble, that is amazing outcome for you. I hope you are able to share your experiences with some newbies here of similar age but having issues to deal with .

• peaches
    peaches

did not really develop grey hair,,,however,,,,because of times of "deep stress" my hair would fall out...and yes,,,i blame the organization....it has gotten better since leaving...my hair will never be the same...it is thin but at least i am not a bald 56 year old woman...

• Scott77
    Scott77
    i blame the organization....it has gotten better since leaving...
    peaches

Thank you Peach for making it easy for me to know the reason. Now I got it. Grad you are moving on with your life.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I started getting grey hairs regardless of being a JW.

It’s just a natural part of aging.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit