Elder called this morning

by doublelife 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

At the local level the rank and file are told that it is a loving arrangement to collect lost sheep, the elders are told to do it because it's part of their job (see? even when your working your way up the Dub ladder you have no additional freedom; in fact the oppression gets worse in exchange for a little power).

The Borg motive? If they're calling on faders, you're cleaning up loose ends. They either get them back or find a way to get them DFd. If they're calling on DFd, they're trying to ascertain your level of influence among the current Dubs, if any, and evaluate the possibility of re-recruitment or whether they should take steps to further marginalize you from congregation members.

At no time does ANY of this actually HELP ANYone.

• Scott77
    Scott77
    If they're calling on DFd, they're trying to ascertain your level of influence among the current Dubs, if any, and evaluate the possibility of re-recruitment or whether they should take steps to further marginalize you from congregation members.
    Mad Sweeney

Thank you for clarification. However, when they call on the DFd, I think this is the height of hypocrisy and double standard. They authorize themselves the power to contact or talk to the DFd but at the sametime, will ostracise or mark out anyone from the rank and files who happens to speak to the DFd. IMHO, they are not showing any good example in this regard.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I hate the way they do this 'pretending to care' thing just before the CO's visit...its worse than just not caring...

Loz x

• doublelife
    doublelife

Thanks for everyone's responses.

Scott77: "Reading the above, I think elders are not enjoying this kind of work." The elder who left the voice mail didn't sound too enthusiastic to call me. It sounded more like he had a script he was reading from and he was trying to read it fast and get the call over with.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    I hate the way they do this 'pretending to care' thing just before the CO's visit...its worse than just not caring...

Apparently we also have 'creative counting' at meetings in the weeks leading up to the CO visit.

George

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

After the CO. has his hand palmned and ate special diet / health food from the poor ones who can't afford to feed him or his wife and has been invited to the finer restaurant by brown nose wanna be, the elder will go back to their crawling slow mode doing the least work that they can and having other ass kisser do the work for them.

Every six months when the CO. comes with his hand out, this is the same routine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit