"Don't Ever Come To My House Again"...says the householder!

by mentallyfree31 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

Some people could care less about the religion of JW's. They don't like being disturbed again and again by something they don't want; same as no one likes to be disturbed by telemarketers.

Think about how rude people are to telemarketers.

Tammy

• not a captive
    not a captive

Ditto, Jamie

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Great points.

• awildflower
    awildflower

Good point Tec. I tend to think if someone is that adament against a jw coming towards them, that it's because they've had the bad experience with them or know the destructive side of the cult. Would there be any other reason to be so rude to someone? Now I know why people were "do not calls" and put those "no jw" signs on the door to. I don't know how I'd react if a jw came to my door. I don't think I'd answer it period. And I do hate what this cult stands for and what it's done.

• carla
    carla

I disagree, they are certainly not ignorant in fact they probably knew exactly what the jw's were about! I know I once reamed out a jw at my door. First of all it was right when my jw first joined up and they changed my husband so profoundly we were nearly in mourning at the loss of him (his real authentic self). Life was not good here all due to the jw's. Not only that but I had sent letters to NY which the kh received and I was a do not call. I also had signs on my door that specified no preaching, no religion etc.... I was shaking, I was nearly in tears, I threw the kitchen sink of jw scandals at her, the UN, pedophiles, blood,1975, lying, scholarly dishonesty, doctrinal, you name it she heard it. Didn't give her a moment to speak and told her in no uncertain terms to not come back. After she picked her jaw up from the ground she left. Think that would have kept them away? no, another woman who knew full well who lived here decided to visit. The shit hit the fan, not at her though but my jw sure got an earfull. The woman was required to write me an apology. I think the elders knew she did it just to be mean.

Why jw's feel they can come on to my property unannounced and univited is beyond me. Would they like me knocking on their door with my apostate message? how would they treat an appostate who did that? As evil as they think appostates are that is how evil I find the jw's only more so. The public is right not to welcome them unless they have truly studied the jw's. They are a danger to families and ones very life should they join.

The public may not know everything about jw's but one thing they do have an inkling of is that it is a cult.

I remember before my jw became one he came home to find two strange men in our enclosed porch ( a pollster of some kind) and he thought it really creepy and didn't like the idea of two strange men knocking on my door when I was home alone. Now he is the creeper.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

For most of the rejections - I believe that it is the religion - not the people that the 'householder' is not wanting at their door.

As an example - when I was about 20 years old - I was going door-knocking with a fella who was a bit older (like maybe 24 or so). We got to this one door, and the lady inside the house was pleasant enough - politely listening to his babble, but was distractededly looking around outside - beyond us - in her yard. Both to the left - and then to the right. She kept looking. Finally the fella I was with stopped and asked her... "Is there something wrong?"

She replied, "No - it's just that usually - by now my dog is around here." No sooner had she spoken those words than the largest dog I've ever seen came charging around the corner - paws digging into the yard - dirt and grass bits flying everywhere.

Well... if the lady hated us - she could have let this dog have us for a mid-morning snack. Instead, she quickly opened the screen door, and let us inside her home - whjile she got onto the front porch and held the door closed - so the dog couldn't get us.

In retrospect - it was kinda funny... she wasn't interested - and we left... her holding the dog while we left her property.

Bottom line - it's the religion - not the people - that folks don't coming to their 'property'.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Most people do not know anything about JW's. Some no about the blood stance from news or tv programs. Of those here that harbored such "hatred" were older people who knew about WW2 and were angry about nuetrality. Others were hateful because of thier pastor holding a seminar full of twisted fundementalist diatribes. Seldom did those "Christians" reach out in love or kindness to JW's. It was always about "The Lord" burning them in Hell. The majority just didn't want to be bothered and ran us off. We simply interrupted the game on tv.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I appreciate all the feedback. One of our elders would go to the "Do Not Calls" and tell them he knew they were a do not call, but wanted to check and see if they still felt that way. He would sometimes invite me to go with him on those. I hated it, because the majority of the time they would get even angrier when they found out we knew we wern't welcome and approached their house anyway. Needless to say, I declined his invitation to join him on those visits from that point forward. He was the only elder I ever knew of do that in my hall. My JW perspective back then was this: "we have so much territory that we can't even cover it once a year, so why are we wasting time knocking on doors that have specifically requested that we never come back?"

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And they will be back every few months to make sure it's still true. No wonder householders hate the witlesses.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

They could be anywhere from former JW's to those that are aware of the danger of cults. Maybe they were hoping their rudeness would sort of snap you out of it?

I think anyone who says that knows enough about JW's to see the potential dangers and listen, who in their right, educated mind, would want to invite trouble into their home?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit