Funny moments at the field service

by XPeterX 15 Replies latest jw friends

• belbab
    belbab

I was going door to door in a rooming house one evening before the book study. I didn't want to make it too obvious that someone was knocking on all the doors, so I only picked the doors where light was shining at the bottom of the doors. I knocked on one door, no answer, knocked again and a woman's voice told me that it was the bathroom.

belbab

• EXMS
    EXMS

I remember this one time Pioneering I was in the car with a sister and her daughter. Both were also pioneers and the daughter and I always had a sibbling rivalry going on. One day they were talking with me in the back seat saying that the daughter was officially dating this other pioneer in our hall. This was like the second or third attempt at dating for them. I just quitely kept my possure, and with a compeletly straight face looked at her when she was done talking and said, "hmm....does he know?" She didn't like it....but her mom laughing so hard she started crying!

Another time invloved that same mother and a few other people in her car. At the time I was traveling what some people would consider an extreme amount for pleasure (working at the airlines and flying free has awesome benefits). This day the mother was asking me about what I did in Vegas last weekend and why I went. I said very non chalant that I was dating a girl there.....She FREAKED OUT! Slapped on the brakes skidded to a stop in the middle of the road and glarred at me in the rear view mirror saying, "WHAT?!?!?!?!" I couldn't help but not burst into laughter....She obviously didn't want me dating anyone...lol...it was all a joke.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Funny stories everyone!

Keep ‘em coming!

• Gordy
    Gordy

A brother and I called at a house one afternoon.

The door was answer by a young guy (20ish), bare-chested, who hid rest of his body behind door.
    I could here the brother behind me trying not to laugh.
    I then glance down and saw they though the guy was hiding behind the door, it was glass fronted.
    We could see he was completly naked.
    Yet he still stayed there as I made my presentation.
    So I delibrately streched it out, just waffling on.
    After about 10 minutes a female voice came from upstairs.
    "John , you coming back up here."
    The guy went red.
    So I said "Well I see you have other things to do. I'll just leave you these magazines."

The brother and I walked down path trying not to burst into laughter.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think the funniest times were when nothing got accomplished. I remember doing "informal witlessing" at a book store--and I went where there were no other customers and started looking at the books. Another time, I remember having us drive all the way across town, getting stopped at every red light, and having a miserable time finding the call. After all that, no one was home.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

this is a odd event at he kh I was standing next to a woman who had alzheimers she was in a wheelchair and was the wife of a new brother a overweight young woman a bible study came over to be kind to the alzheimer woman but as she approached the woman in the wheelchair yelled out "I can't get away from these fat people" talk about an embarrassing moment she handled it well I think it reminded me of the time I turned to the person next to me at a potluck and said don't eat that its terrible and she was the one who made it. stuff like that happens.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit