Funny moments at the field service

by XPeterX 15 Replies latest jw friends

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

I once went door to door with a 300+ lbs (fat) elder and the first guy who came out told him:"You should look like him" pointing at me with his finger.At first I didn't realise what he was talking about.At the end the man said to the elder clearly:"Lose that FAT and get thin like that young man (me)"The elder got embarassed and said "ok I will" (never did tho) but I couldn't stop laughing .Anything really funny happened to you at the F.S?

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

i remember a guy petting a dog once and the homeowner came out to the door and suggested he not do that. when he asked why and stated the dog seemed friendly, she said he had a bad case of diarrhea and had poo mashed into his fur.

• White Dove
    White Dove

My skirt came half-way down. Showed the top part of my slip. Very embarrassing!

• cult classic
    cult classic

I was on a bible study once and the householder had an autistic son. He was walking past the couch and barely glanced at me. Then he walked backwards and said curiously "hmmm". I thought he liked the pictures in the Live Forever book. Nope, he nuzzled his head into my breasts. I was gently trying to move him away but he was a strong little fella.................the sister I was with could not stop laughing and his mother was so embarrassed.

There was a really crabby sister who gossiped all the time in our congregation. None of us teens ever wanted to work with her b/c she was always trying to get into our "business" Well one day in service she slipped on a sloped driveway and literally tucked and rolled with her legs spread eagle. It was hilarious and all of us teenagers laughed so hard we could not get our composure. She just stood up and said "did you see that?" We were like "um, yeah sure did"

Another time I had my younger sister with me and it was her turn at the door. Well this woman came to the door and leaned sideways into our field of vision. She had hair like Don King and heavily painted red lips. My sister laughed so hard she couldn't talk. I had to contain myself and take over.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Come on everyone this is a fun thread........... post those stories.

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

When I was "pioneering" as a teen we'd usually meet for service, already have a group of 3 or 4 of us teens, but occasionally get stuck with one of the older pioneers in the car group. We'd usually say we wanted to do returns, and say we don't have the clear address, but start off in the direction of the "call". Of course it'd be miles and miles away, and then we'd turn into a quiet neighborhood and pick out the darkest most abandoned house to call on. Pray that they didn't answer, then repeat. It was always such a bummer cuz what we really wanted to do was pop the trunk and change into our jeans and hit the mall.

So I suppose it's not so much the funny moment catagory as it was "true life confessions" at my own expense....but looking back at my teen self it was pretty funny to think of the lengths we'd go to to avoid true field service!

• cult classic
    cult classic

I think that is very funny Heartbreaker. I wish we had the gumption to escape service back in the day.

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

I can remember working a street with another elder. He decided to check on the other car group at the end of the street. Two sisters were sitting in the front seat. So I go to the passanger side stick my head in to check on them and this sister had a plunging neck line with huge boobs. And I'm like staring right at them as they are about to fall out of her dress...

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

Then on another occasion we're working rural terrority and we knock at the front door no answer so this brother and I go around the back (no fence) and here's the householder sun bathing in the nude...she sees us jumps up and goes runnning inside the house...

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I always wanted to write a book of the 'things' people say when they come to the door...one woman said to my ex 'ooh sorry but I cant stand ' and he responded 'wow are you levitating then?'

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit