"New Light" on "New Light" creates a dilemma (July 15, 2010 WT)

by pirata 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• agonus
    agonus

fallible... uninspired... obey regardless

unity at all costs

• cantleave
    cantleave

Great thread. If you don't mind I want to adapt this into an email and send to few people stuck in the organisation.

• carla
    carla

The Governing Body as a whole considers adjusted explanations.--and then they VOTE whether they want to follow the Holy Spirit?!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I thought some Orwell (revised) might be appropriate:

"Don't you see that the whole aim of Dubspeak is to narrow the range of thought?... Has it ever occurred to you, Winston, that by the end of the 1,000 year reign, at the very latest, not a single human being will be alive who could understand such a conversation as we are having now?... The whole climate of thought will be different. In fact, there will be no thought, as we understand it now. Being a Jehovah's Witness means not thinking—not needing to think. Being in the truth is unconsciousness." 1984, Book 1, Chapter 5

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Interesting points!

I agree, how can they be directed by the Holy Spirit and be wrong?!? The Holy Spirit wouldn't misguide them (or keep misguiding them).

• pirata
    pirata

bttt for today's Watchtower Study.

• Ding
    Ding

So if the FDS can be mistaken, why are you DFd if you dare to disagree with them?

• Ding
    Ding

A further thought.

Exactly what errors is the FDS admitting to?

Could we see a list please so we know what's "the truth" and what's a mistake?

If our eternal destiny depends on knowing which is which, it would be nice to know...

• Liberty93
    Liberty93

What's really funny is that only one of the passages they cite has ANYTHING to do with what they're claiming.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Has anyone seen the Shekinah Light or pillar of cloud over the worldheadquarters at Brooklyn?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit