Are You Vegetarian Or Not?

by ladonna 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Flip
    Flip
    Unfortunately, when I eat, something is going to die.

La, I have to echo Dave's sentiment. If it makes vegetarians feel any better I wouldn't choose eating meat, or anything else for that matter if that scamp, The All Powerful, Creator of the Universe, didn't make me crave flank so much.

You'd think the 'Big J' could have thought up something a little less grotesque and a tad more civilized in the nutritive department.

Flip

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"Sea Cucumber - the OTHER orange meat."

• ladonna
    ladonna

Flip,

Yes!!! I know

Nathan, you are getting as bad as the ladies here ....go to the "Meat" thread.

Ana

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

Mango - do we need to ship you off to 'greek' parts???????

Meat eater here!

closer

Failing is not falling, it is staying down and not picking yourself back up!
  • rebel8
    rebel8

Antares92, You have revived several very old threads by adding the same exact post to each one.

I encourage you to stick around and read the other threads here on other topics. You will find them very interesting.

• ab.ortega
    ab.ortega

I like fajitas.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I was brought up eating meat so I eat meat. I couldn't kill another animal for food, though.

It's so easy to buy and eat meat when somebody else does the killing and storing. I guess that makes me a hypocrite but that's just the way it is.

However, I do admire vegetarians and would like to go veggie for a month, just to try it.

• New day
    New day

LoveUniHateExams you should do it. My wife and l have not eaten meat for nearly thirty years. There is a lot of info online on cheap, nutritious and quick to prepare vegetarian food.

• blondie
    blondie

I eat very little meat but it is for medical reasons not ethical ones. It is hard for me to cut it out completely and still meet the medical dietary requirements I have.

I would find it hard to eat an animal that was more or less raised by me...a pet. I do buy meat from ethical farms that raise them without stress and quick/painless killing.

Officially, the WTS does not require its members to be vegetarians or vegans. Many individual jws I know believe that they will be eating meat in the paradise on earth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit