What would happen if all or most of the Governing Body died in some kind of accident?

by Esse quam videri 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    PARTY TIME!!
  • J-DUBBED
    J-DUBBED
    All 144,000 of them????
  • millie210
    millie210

What an interesting question!

I wonder if they have a whole contingency plan for that?

Anyone know?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I'd be very surprised if at least some of them didn't have protégés prepared to take up the slack.
  • millie210
    millie210

Maybe the GB helpers they kept introducing at the District Conventions?

(or whatever they are called now)

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

What would happen if all or most governing body died in some kind of accident?

. . . Who cares

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

"What would happen if all or most governing body died in some kind of accident?"

• Island Man
    Island Man

Didn't something like that already happen when the whole Governing Body in the sole person of C.T. Russel, died? Remember there was a power grab by Rutherford where he dismissed and demonized some of the individuals who Russel appointed and who were seeking to follow Russel's directions in his will.

I think something similar could/would happen. A power hungry brother or brothers in the legal dept will seek to wrest power unto himself/themselves and expel and demonize all who refuse to submit to their power grab. There might even initially be some secret political lobbying among prominent competing brothers in the legal dept. and/or the writing dept. to see who can muster the most support to form a coalition government ... I mean ... Governing Body to govern the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit