Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed

by Chalam 18 Replies latest jw friends

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

I watched it, too. I downloaded a copy (didn't want to waste good money on it). Ben Stein is preaching to the choir, so to speak. It is a propaganda piece that aids confirmation bias. If there really is science in Intelligent Design, then this would have been a good opportunity to lay it out for all to see. Instead we are given a lot of hype and inuendo as Ben Stein pretends (not very convincingly) to be an objective reporter on this "conspiracy" of academia.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

"The movie was not well received by the critics but the public clearly have other views, this being one of the most successful documentary films of all time."

In my opinion, one of the best documentary film of all time is

The End of Suburbia (2003)

But that is most definitely off topic.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Perhaps this film is dishonest. I have only watched the "part 10" clip linked here so far.

But I know that ALL people are biased and that scientists like to pretend they aren't, despite a flawed review process. If this film makes that point clear, then it has served a useful purpose, IMO.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I enjoyed it

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I watched it. Very lame.

• whereami
    whereami

Come on you can't be serious. So much propaganda it's not even funny.

• mindmelda
  • Tuesday
    Tuesday

One of the most dishonest documentaries I've ever seen.

Check out Expelled:Exposed. There's a whole bunch of series on youtube about it, pointing out every incorrect claim.

• cyberjesus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit