Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed

by Chalam 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Chalam
    Chalam

A friend lent me the DVD of this and I watched it the other night. I found it profound and compelling I must say I cannot recommend it enough!

expelled no intelligence allowed (part 1of10) PL

The movie was not well received by the critics but the public clearly have other views, this being one of the most successful documentary films of all time.

Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you don't have time to watch the full movie, make sure you see Richard Dawkins answer the question of how the universe got from being inorganic to the creation of a single living cell!

expelled no intelligence allowed (part 10 of 10) PL

Blessings,

Stephen

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Thanks for posting this. It's been in my Netflix queue for ages and I just haven't brought it to the top yet. I loved the Dawkins interview in part 10. I'll be sure to check the entire thing out soon. I abhor closed-mindedness on both sides of the origins debate.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

It's dishonest. There is no conspiracy to shut out legitimate science. Additionally, interviewees were misled, and quoted out of context along with Darwin as well. That makes for dishonest propaganda, not good documentary.

BTS

• superpunk
    superpunk

Like all propaganda pieces, this film was incredibly dishonest.

Watch it for entertainment, not information.

• Terry
    Terry

I rented the film and watched it.

False Dichotomy.

These people don't want EQUAL TIME devoted to the views of Muslims, do they? No, only the CHRISTIAN view. (As if all Christians even agree on one

view of anything!)

It is a dishonest argument and a fallacious one.

When religious ideas of the universe were mandated in all learning venues the times were called THE DARK AGES.

Do we really want to go there?

• zoiks
    zoiks

Some JW friends had seen it and went on and on about how wonderful it is. So I watched it, and came away feeling very angry.

It is a very dishonest and misleading film.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Watch it for entertainment, not information.

I've got better things to do with my time. If I want to watch fiction, I can watch fiction, not fiction masquerading as something real, and that goes for Maher and Moore, not just Stein.

BTS

• superpunk
    superpunk

I agree. I felt the same way about Religulous.I thought it was funny, but even as he was running through it I was thinking "That's wrong - that's an exageration, you took that out of context, etc". The trouble is that many people watch these pieces, thinking they are trustworthy documentaries and never bother researching what has been fed them.

Confirmation bias is a bitch.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Thought this was going to be a post on disfellowshipping.

George

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

What BTS said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit