Did you carry any No Blood paraphernalia around?

by cult classic 18 Replies latest jw friends

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

I carried it around with me when I was younger, but towards the end of my association with the Jehovah's Witness cult, I didn't even have one.

As Teel said above, it's funny to remind ourselves what a cult can actually do.

We carried around a card that basically said;

"I am prepared to die for the good of this cult. I know that by me dying in this way, the Watchtower, Bible & Tract Society will have some great marketing material to play with. I know that my story could possibly make the next Blood Article Watchtower and be a real strength to those that are weak".

Yep, that's the decision we were making guy's.

Oh dear, we actually fell for it.

• blondie
    blondie

I carried it with me because these cards have evolved include instructions on more than whether you will accept some for of treatment regarding blood.

It also slpells out other medical threatments (e.g., do not resuscitate) that you will or won't accept and also gives them the name, address, phone number of people who can speak for you if you are unconscience. I no longer have restrictions regarding blood usage, but I still have a document that says what I will accept or wont, and 2 health care contacts.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I absolutely always carried it. I think it's still in my wallet, now that you mention it. Thanks for the reminder. . .

There.

Now it's out. LOL, I haven't updated it for years and years!

• peaches
    peaches

used to.....not anymore....

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I carried it around 100% of the time and felt guilt if for some reason I left home with out it!!! I threw it out about a year ago and got a new POA in writing in fear if something happen my brother would try to take over my health care and make me not get a transfusion... In my new legal document I put that no information about my health or treatment is to be given out to anyone NOT on my POA!!!

• cult classic
    cult classic

I had been thinking about the whole hype around the no blood card/medical directive. It was such a big deal for everyone. I remember this elderly sister agonizing over the new blood fraction decree. We sat with her trying to help her decide how to fill it out and what to allow. It was very stressful because it didn't make sense.

I recall that so much hoopla when it came time for the talk and getting it signed. After that it was rarely mentioned. You'd think such a serious issue would be talked about more regularly than it is, huh?

Cult Classic

• yknot
    yknot

In addition to the card.........I had the key chain and a sticker on the back of my cell-phone.

• judge rutherFRAUD
    judge rutherFRAUD

when jw's would come to my door I would ask to see their blood card. just to make sure they were jw's. and not burglars, or begging wearing their holloween costumes , a few times I came to the door and put candy and pennies in their bags. and cried TREAT OR TREAT. LOL or ask them for thier blood card to make sure they are NOT IN THAT MORMON, OR MOONIE CULT...

• Sargeant Pepper
    Sargeant Pepper

No, and I don't remember anyone ever discussing the subject, except when the new cards were issued.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit