Did you carry any No Blood paraphernalia around?

by cult classic 18 Replies latest jw friends

• cult classic
    cult classic

I never really carried anything on me. It was always fun getting the card signed and all (a welcome change of pace at the service meeting). But I always thought it looked too weird to have that in my wallet. I also don't think I ever really thought I would use it. I had a cousin die from refusing blood and my little sister had a near miss with the whole blood issue when we were kids. So I was never quite comfortable with the No Blood directive.

Remember the No Blood necklaces and bracelets?.......ROFL.

What a bunch of weirdos.

Cult Classic

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

No I just use tissues. *G*

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I always carried it on me. I was fully brainwashed so I would have felt guilty if I went anywhere without it.

Once I left, I learnt the real story about the whole blood doctrine and destroyed the little card. It felt very liberating to tear it into small pieces.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I carried it and had it prominently displayed in my wallet for 20 years and two days to be exact. The day I cut it up, I took pictures of it laying in the garbage can all sliced up.

• 5thGeneration
  • GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I carry my donor ID card from the blood bank. It saves a lot of paperwork every 8 weeks.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I carried it with me the meeting after the assembly I was baptized at in 1986.

I put the card through the shredder in 2006.

• lesabre
    lesabre

haha... i still have mine in my wallet.... oooops.

• doublelife
    doublelife

I carried my card in my wallet until just about two months ago. Then, I put it in the shredder.

• teel
    teel

I usually carried it with me, except when I had no pockets to put it in. I didn't put much significance to it, it was just a JW requirement like any else, and I went along with it the best I could, all the while hoping I'll never need it (I still hope I won't be in a situation when it would be used, but for other reasons).

About half a year ago I put it down definitely. I won't shred it, just to have a reminder what can this cult do to someone.

Lol 5thG, can anyone actually be that brainwashed to wear one of those?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit