My kitty is having kittens soon and Im stressing about it. Advice?

by WuzLovesDubs 24 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

Anything that is animated (living, breathing, with a personality) is an animal and is a person (has a personality).

We are all the same and quite valuable.

Misery,

Do you have issues going on right now that render concerns about animals inconsequential?

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

how exciting we're having babies. woo hoo.

Congradulations! I hope all comes out alive and healthy.

lisa

• restrangled
    restrangled

Your kitty will choose her own birthing spot, despite what you have provided....it's her choice.

The last female cat I had decided it was the bathtub....she had 9 kittens.

I thought I was going to loose my mind, but that girl handled it.....no human intervention needed!....except for adoptions after the fact!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I'm sure she will be just fine . Over the yrs we have had cats with litters ,and I don't think we ever had to do anything but sit by and watch . Your first cat was most likely the exception to the rule cats usually handle birthing on their own just fine .

Good luck and keep us posted when the baby kitties are here

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Thanks for all the help...I feel better already.

Misery you dont mean to come off insensitive??? EPIC FAIL Cripes....what a nasty comment.

Im an INTENSE animal lover and I didnt adopt my babies from animal shelters to sit back and watch them die. And yes I was going to have her spayed, but she got out the door one night like shit through a goose, and I didnt find her until 6:30AM the next day. She wasted no time on her night out on the town.

And so I will do whatever I can to help her.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

You're doing fine. The issue with the earlier kitty is unusual, don't let it stress you out.

Listen to Baba and Quandry and Restrangled.

I've never had to actually intervene in any kittenings, the most I've had to do is be there and be patient and let them do what's necessary. Having a spot the mom seems to be taking an interest in is great, but I've never had a cat follow the plan in that regard.

VE - of the Funny Old Man With Cats class

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Years ago when I was a teenager, the family cat gave birth to kittens on my bed while I was asleep. I woke up, because I could hear lots of little mewing noises. There was blood everywhere and about six little kittens. They all lived and were perfectly healthy. Don't stress too much.

• man in black
    man in black

she will probably get real nervous and restless right before birth.

Leave her alone and she will be fine, I grew up on a farm, over the years I saw 100's of kittens being born and they, and their mothers always

were OK.

• peaches
    peaches

your kitties are lucky to have you as a "mom"...... how you treat your pets,,,speaks volumes about the kind of person you are inside...and you sound like a gem....ok,,,a nervous gem,,,hahaha

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

When I was a kid our cat had kittens. Everything came out just find. (har har)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit