cancer.....wanted to warn you....

by peaches 12 Replies latest jw friends

• peaches
    peaches

my aunt is self supportive...runs a self employed catering service...healthy and active...went to bed one night,,,,woke up with a sore chest....she thought she had pulled a muscle...so...gave it a few days to heal.....no improvement...

went to the doctor,,,,,they ran some tests,,,,and found out she is full of cancer...it is in her breast,,,lungs,,,liver....they told her she has about 4 to 6 months to live...nothing they can do for her....

she is just a wonderful person,,,,and i love her alot...i told her god loves her,,,and that heaven was a wonderful place...i said nothing about "earth"...i told her death is only hard on the living...and sent her big hugs.....

this is really disturbing because she had NO SYMPTOMS....NONE...SHE FELT FINE...i did not want this to happen to any of you...SO,,,guys and gals,,,check for lumps and bumps...get the yearly physicals,,,mamo-grams,,,pap smears...prostrate..etc etc...

we always think it would never happen to us or a loved one...but...it so easily could....peaches

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Thanks for the excellent reminder, peaches. I'm so sorry about your aunt's sickness.

• restrangled
    restrangled

So sorry peaches, it's a wonder she wasn't feeling something!

r.

• undercover
    undercover

Sorry to hear your sad news...

And yes, this should be a reminder to get yearly, if not more, check-ups.

Strength to you and your family...

• rebel8
    rebel8

Sorry about your aunt.

SO,,,guys and gals,,,check for lumps and bumps...get the yearly physicals,,,mamo-grams,,,pap smears...prostrate..etc etc...

My infomercial:

-Annual skin checks with a dermatologist (if recommended for you due to your skin type/genetics/history)

-Colonoscopies (if you're age 50+, symptomatic, or genetically at high risk)

^Two ways to prevent cancer by having precancerous cells removed in your doctor's office.

• tec
    tec

I'm sorry about your aunt. The things you said to her were strong and beautiful!

I am two years behind on my examinations, so thanks for the reminder and the push.

Tammy

edited

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

Sorry to hear about your aunt. Good advice you gave to everyone.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

that is very sad and disturbing news.... very sorry to hear that

thanks for the warning and reminder... everyone should take advantage of early detection testing - men and women

life is far too wonderful a journey to have it cut short

Love

The Oracle

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

So sorry Peaches.

• peaches
    peaches

thank you all so much.....everyone needs to be so careful about these things...there is SO MANY chemicals in everything we eat/drink/ and also what we breathe....you cannot escape it...CANCER doesn't play favorites....so,,,,anyone and everyone can be vulnerable to it...quite simply:::CANCER SUCKS!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit