Sinead O'Connor on Catholic Church Abuse Scandal

by whereami 19 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

PS, I'm just coming from the position of having talked to many, many, many Catholics who have been hurt by abuse and the RC lack of healing, practical response. The song is the same. The RC is only doing PR CYA. That website shows how very uncooperative the RC has truly been and still despite the PR. Having also been a jw who has had direct personal contact with the so-called help the WTS provides, I can tell you there is no difference. I know a Catholic couple who's 19 year old son committed suicide due to his molesting....they still have not received any apology from the local RC administration, let alone any practical support, spiritually or otherwise. Instead they are snubbed and shunned by their fellow Catholics for have the termerity of accusing the priest, and then when proven he was a molester, snubbed and shunned for bringing reproach on the RC. Now that sounds very familiar from the WTS end too.

• JWoods
    JWoods

For what it is worth, I think this touches on the issue of the current Pope as well as general abuse scandal.

Benedict does not have clean hands.

• whereami
    whereami

Blondie to answer your question, a resounding yes!!! The WTS has mimicked their enemy the RCC to a tee on this.

There is no doubt that there is overwhelming evidence to show that the WTS has also covered up their tracks when it comes to the child abuse issue.

Barbara Anderson should take this opportunity to jump on the bandwagon and get more publicity on the WTS's involvement on their own cover up.

It really is an issue of PR & CYA as you say. It's not about helping the victims heal at all. They need to stop the bleeding, and fast.

Organized Religion is a disease to mankind!!!!!

• not a captive
    not a captive

Organized Religion is a disease to mankind!!!!!

Just wanted to repeat it for emphasis, whereami.

The only time the WTS got anything right-on was when for a while in the 1920s they said: Religion is a snare and a racket.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    ...The WTS has mimicked their enemy the RCC to a tee on this.
    There is no doubt that there is overwhelming evidence to show that the WTS has also covered up their tracks when it comes to the child abuse issue.

Ironic, isn't it, considering the Watchtower's seethng hatred and jealousy of the Catholic church?

• wobble
    wobble

I agree that we need to jump on the bandwagon and get more publicity about the WT, especially as they still do not have proper Child Protection Programmes in place at the Kingdom Halls and other facilities.

I know they have a token policy of C. P. but that is not the same as practise.

More children will be raped by JW's, it is a haven for paedophiles at present.

How do we get this in to the public domain ? I have written to national newspapers and journalists, none seem interested in running with this at the moment, can Barb Anderson offer us some suggestions and help ? or anybody ?

Wobble

• was a new boy
    was a new boy
    I cheered when she ripped up that picture of the pope. Sadly, she was before her time; she paid a huge price for standing up for us all. The world has lost a magnificent, talented person

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJfOffaVmy8

‘Sinead O’Conner wore the anguish of victims of clergy abuse and it seems as though she knew in 1992 the horrors that hadn’t yet been revealed. Ultimately, she relieved the pain for tens of thousands of victims with rebellion. We at SNAP mourn with the world.’ SNAP STATEMENT #SineadOConnor

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

'By her early 20s, she had become an international superstar, but her fierce honesty about her personal beliefs, along with a refusal to remain silent about her own experience of trauma and mental health issues, meant she was incapable of playing the game which the global mass entertainment industry demands from performers.'

https://archive.ph/kGPoG

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Sinead o Connot died (56) after a long fight for her health.

R.I.P.

Nothing compares 2 U

• was a new boy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit