can spirituality replace religion?

by make yourself 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• agonus
    agonus

Spirituality CAN - and MUST - replace religion.

I won't insult your collective intelligence by trying to define each ;)

• Etude
    Etude

Hey misocup:

I hope I'm not too late and you won't look at this post. Just in case, I'll try to send it via email. Somehow, I wrote it but forgot to put it up on the board.

I venture to guess that you’ve read “The God Delusion”. If so, you’re certainly an inquiring mind and I’d like to ask you some questions. I mentioned before that I think spirituality and religion are not intrinsically tied (religion may deal with the belief in God but belief in God does not always deal with religion). I think the same thing applies to religion and spirituality. From the exchange on this thread, it’s obvious that there’s some confusion as to what spirituality is. No matter what we call it and no matter what we try to do to quash it, it seems that we cannot eradicate this quality from humans.

In light of the effort from people like Dawkins to explain in some sort of scientific terms the need for something which on its face (the God idea) belies Evolution, what do you think of his attempt? The answer may further the cause of this thread, but I sense that it’s dying down. If you want to play, I encourage you to formulate a question along these lines and start a new thread in the proper area. Let me know and I’ll join in. I’m curious about opinions other people who also read the book may have. Thanks make yourself for being curious and posting the question. Misocup, thanks for the video humor. I’m eating them up. I see where you got your profile picture. It’s more humorous now but still disturbing.

Etude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit