for those that married in the "truth"

by rockmehardplace 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

2 1/2 years lasted 12 years !!! hated it from day one, tried to make myself happy cuz had no choice, or so I thought... left 2 years ago should have never married him!!!

• dgp
    dgp

Marked.

• White Dove
    White Dove

2 weeks from first date to engagement.

2 months from engagement to wedding.

8 years from wedding to divorce.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Wife and I came into the borg in 1973 during the hoopla over '75. We meet in October of '73 about a month before we were baptized. We were both in our twenties, and obviously had experience in other social environments. First date was February 74, engaged in August and married in October 1974 (on the anniversary of our meeting, leave it to the woman to remember the exact date you met!). It's been some ups and downs, but we're still together.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    It usually Kids marrying Kids who cant wait to jump in the sack. Once the thrill of that is gone and reality sets in, many of the marriages are either miserably unhappy or end with one of the mates cheating.

So very common among JWs.

• JWoods
    JWoods

I dated about 1.5 years, but we had waited longer than most JWs in our area (I was 25).

From personal experience, the closed society and rules weirdness of the JW culture ends up in forcing people into marriages who should never have been married in the first place. Not that they were bad people necessarily - but not every random pairing makes a good marriage.

If they had been in a normal world social arena, many of these witness couples would have found other people who were far more compatible - and would have been around the block enough to have realized it rather than just marrying the first people they dated.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Talk about setting people up for failure! If you are a JW, you are expected to only date the person you want to marry.

That's ass-backwards!

• St George of England
    St George of England

Goerge, where you from in the UK?

North of Coventry - South of Manchester, if you understand.

Don't want to be too precise at this stage.

Regards from George

• RR
    RR

From the time I met my wife (not dated) just met, till the time we got married, 2 years. She was my pioneer partner. On May 5th 2010, we will be married 20 years.

RR

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

9 months. The engagement was the last 2 1/2 months of that period.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit