Most people who are not JW's live with out moral restrain! All who have left the "Truth" regret it. June 15th WT

by life is to short 74 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• wobble
    wobble

Dear St George,

I believe you have hit on the problem that causes some who leave to get in to practices and a lifestyle that proves the WT point to some extent, but the responsibility for this, as you say, lies with the Wt for ill-equipping its members to live in the real world.

Some adults who leave, not just kids always, start to lead lives, and to practise things,that the Wt condemns.

A lot of this is in fact harmless, and is done because now we have left we are free to do as we please, Christmas ,Birthdays using wacky-baccy whatever, but some cannot handle the new freedom and do come a bit of a cropper.

My advice to any just leaving is take it steady, and look before you leap.

Having said that, I do not know one unhappy ex-witness personally, all that I have met are well adjusted people ,making a success of life.

Wobble

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I've reinterpreted the quote to remove borg lies:

"Many who today are members of the Christian congregation can tell you that before learning of and adopting Jehovah's righteous standards, they lived with normal moral restraint. They were satisfied and happy. They lost that peace only when they began associating with Dubs and living in accord with Borg principles.

In contrast, most who in the past chose to leave the 'safe water' of the Dub congregation (whatever THAT means) never regret that decision. One sister, whom we will call Tanya, explains that she was "raised around the truth," but when she was 16, she left the congregation to "pursue worldly enticements." Among the results she experienced were an unwanted pregnancy and an abortion. She now says: "The three years I spent away from the congregation left ugly scars of residual fear and guilt that would not go away. Something that continues to haunt me is that I killed my unborn child.....I want to tell all the young ones who are wishing they could 'taste' the world even for just a little while: 'Do it!' It may taste good at first, but returning to the Borg gives an extremely bitter aftertaste. The Borg has nothing but misery to offer. I know. I tasted it. Stay in the real world! It's the only way of life that brings happiness."

Just think what would become of you if you were to abandon the mind control of the Dub congregation. Many, recalling their futile course of life before they left the Borg, simply shudder at the thought. (John 6:68,69) You can continue to find security and protection from the woes and misery so common in the Borg by staying in close company with your JWN brothers and sisters. Association with them and regular participation online will continually remind you of the idiocy of the Borg's ridiculous standards and will encourage you not to live by them. You have every reason to 'ignore Jehovah's Witnesses,' just as the psalmist did.-Ps 35:18."

• Robert7
    Robert7

The WTS is so good in brainwashing people to not even consider life outside the cult. EVERYONE is miserable and immoral outside the cult and ONLY are happy when they return. When you read and hear this enough at meetings you start believing it without even realizing it.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

All I have to say is, can you imagine taking your "Worldy" spouse or other interested person to The Meeting and having this read OUTLOUD during the WatchTower study? If I were a worldly person visiting for the first time and heard this, I'd be insulted and get up and leave immediately. Who besides braindead cult members could sit through such a dressing down of the human race? Not me.

Now, I'd like to address this articles points. I can say with absolute certainty that growing up as a witness in a family that went through bouts of inactivity from time to time, that the times we were "inactive" were the LEAST STRESSFUL and most enjoyable as a family unit. It wasn't until we'd start going to back to the meetings (usually when my parents were scared by world events on TV) that the stress, guilt, and heavy burden of the WT Corporations demands were felt upon our backs.

As for Tanya, I'm sure this has happened many times, but I haven't personally witnessed it. Of the 10 people around my age in my congregation, 7 of them left mentally in our BEFORE high school, and then left physically right after high school. They are happy for the most part to be AWAY from their screwball cult parents and moving on with their lives.

As for Tanya say, "Don't leave, stay within Jehovah's Congregation" - that is really the voice of the scared-shitless Governing Body who sees they are bleeding the youth of the congregations out of every orifice. Youth are what keep a religion going, not converts. They have uneducated 3rd world converts coming in for sure (Think South America) but as technology catches up there they will leave too. In America, I'd bet that more young people are leaving every year (the WT's future) then are coming in as converts. I mean, that independant study a year or so back plus my own experiences tell me so; 7 out of 10 young JW's leave the faith upon turning 18? That is a death sentance, plain and simple and the Governing Body must know it by now. Hence, they are using fear and guilt tactics to the extreme, even banning social networking sites like Myspace, facebook, Twitter, etc. They can't stop the hemmoraging here in America anyway.

- Wing Commander

• dinah
    dinah

Tanya just wasn't very smart. I left the Borg at 18, but didn't get pregnant until I was 25. Birth control is your friend!

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Um I'll have to read this later after my hangover goes away and before I get high on heroin.

LD

• chickpea
    chickpea

the best defense, as if one were needed,
    against that sort of propaganda, is to be
    able to look them right in the eyes with
    your head held high and a smile on your
    face....

the kind of smile that shows up
    in your eyes, unlike that fake grimace
    dr0nes paste on their faces, with dead
    eyes looking out on what they perceive
    to BE the evil world the b0rg has convinced
    them exists everywhere but the KH
    altho we all know what brand of HELL
    lurks therein)

seriously, i have seen jaws drop when i
    encounter the "faithful" in public because
    i am almost always wearing an irrepressible
    smile that is born of being deeply satisfied
    that i am truly on the right track for my life....

my moral restraint is alive and well....
    but i am working on that....

• Terry
    Terry

Fools do foolish things unless they are threatened with penalty.

Refraining from idiocy because you are threatened does not make you moral. It only prevents your immediate plunge into ruin.

A fool inisde the Watchtower Society or a fool who leaves is still a fool.

The active ingredient in a good life well-lived is a rational set of values and an awareness of reality.

A moral life is a practical life and the person who is practical doesn't plunge willingly into ruin.

The Watchtower cannot be the CAUSE of morality any more than a lock on your front door causes a would-be burglar to become honest.

It is a fallacious argument the Watchtower is peddling. One among a great many, if I may say so!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    In contrast, some who in the past chose to leave the 'safe water' of the Christian congregation now bitterly regret that decision.

Then there's the other side of the coin, people like me who were "worldly", joined the cult, and now bitterly regret that decision. Getting those toxic people out of my life is one of the best decisions I ever made.

W

• sir82
    sir82
    Hm, is this an admission? Or someone was really careless?
    In contrast, some who in the past chose to leave the 'safe water' of the Christian congregation now bitterly regret that decision.
    I read this that the majority of those who leave don't regret it at all Which makes the rest of this tripe irrelevant.

Exactly so!

WT writers choose their words carefully. They could have said "many" or "most" or "undoubtedly the vast majority" or any number of words or phrases to indicate that leaving is equated with utter desolation.

Why choose to use the word "some" without at least implying that it is a big number? If "some" bitterly regret it, then of course "some" are happier than pigs in mud to be out.

Of course, JWs don't pay attention to what they read anyway, so the distinction will be lost on "most" of them, but it is a curious choice of words.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit