Cheating in the Congregation

by EXMS 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Sure she didn't think you were just friends? Usually folks are engaged after 6-8 months and then married within 12-24 months depending on finances. But your case is not uncommon. I've had friends go through the same.

Well at least you didn't marry her. At one of my old congregations, it was super confusing because so many had been divorced and remarried to someone in the same congregation. Evidently several years before I came, there were a lot of DF'ing as everyone was cheating all over the place. Folks got divorced and married the other person. So basically everyone in the congregation was somehow related. They were not very welcoming to new comers.

• EXMS
    EXMS

Thank you all for the Welcome responses.

I am very thankful we didn't end up getting married. I don't think that I ever would have gotten out. So glad that I am now though. Allows me to pursue my music career, which is something the witnesses do not condone.

To answer severals question about dating her for 3 years. The first year and a half were pretty secretive. We didn't want it getting out, since the congregation that I was in like to spread gossip like a wildfire here in Southern California (which is hear is fairly common in congregations). It wasn't until the last year and a half that we started shwoing that we were together...sitting together and meetings, going out in service together etc. It's interesting thinking back on it that about 6 months or so after we made it public, is when she started cheating on me.

Hopefully my feelings on this will leave soon. It's hard since she was my last girlfriend...I acutally have problems because of that and other trumatic childhood upbringings. I have a really hard time trusting anybody....even myself sometimes....it's gotten fairly bad.

What does get me too is that I was reproved for it....I don't really know how that worked. I ended up walking out of the Judicial Meetings twice. I think even dropped an F bomb in there once while I was being accused of things...I'm sure that didn't help my case...lol. The best thing I guess to do is let it go and move on and realize that I have a much better life out from under that religion.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

On a similar vein... my 16 year old son confessed to knowing quite a few witness teens engaging in sex... so i'm sure there is some 'cheating' on boyfriends/girlfriends going on!

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit