Re-instatement

by hotspur 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Why do you want to go back, hotspur?

• hotspur
    hotspur

Quillsky

I don't - I really don't. Just wanted to highlight what a non-sensical set of rules 7 million people seem to want to live by!

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Some may argue, that this is a period of contrition for the reinstated one...but you need to ask.....

If this is seen as a period of contrition or humbling....then what is the period of being disfellowshipped for?

It is nothing more than control on the part of the elders and the org. It is designed to keep people in submission. There is also the point...which goes WAY AGAINST the scripture in Luke 15 : 7.....that the brothers are not allowed to clap when a reinstatement is announced in the Kingdom Hall. Soooo loving....!

• hotspur
    hotspur

I think, too, it's more a question of controlling the cong. Let them have the fear of "this is what happens if you don't tow the line. Do you really want to be rejected by your family, etc.? This is what shunning means to 'sinners'." They are also looking to see if the rank and file will play ball and ignore you also. A reminder for everyone to do what they are told without question.

T he whole thing stinks .... certainly not a loving provision! What angers me even more is the fact to go back you must correct your wrong course. So, I've married the delightful lady I was living with, therefore the 'wrong' has been righted. Why do I (if I EVER wanted to go back) have to apply (formally) to be re-instated and then have to live this period of contrition?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit