Re-instatement

by hotspur 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hotspur
    hotspur

Can anybody show me in any Bible that, to be re-instated, I need to humiliate myself for at least 6 months?

What's that all about? In fact, that is high my list of 1001 reasons I'd never go back!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Exactly. They’re not interested in you as a person, because for those 6 months (at least!) you’ll be considered a non-person who has to sit at the back, alone, no matter what is going on in your life.

They claim that doing so, shows your heart condition. Rather, it shows how compliant you are to organizational demands.

Instead, the Bible talks about love and forgiveness. But we know the WTS isn’t really interested in what the Bible says .

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

I asked the same question based on this scripture :

LUKE 15 : 7 says : -

"I tell you that thus there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner that repents than over ninety nine righteous ones who have no need of repentance."

Within the organization, the requirements for Reinstatement of those who are Disfellowshipped are 'repentance' of any any previous actions and attitude ; a demonstration of no longer practicing whatever 'sin' you got disfellowshipped for, as well as demonstrating submissiveness to the Elders, the Regulations, and the F&D Slave. Only after all of this can a person be reinstated back into the 'Fold'.

The scripture plainly states that within heaven itself, a sinner who repents is regarded MORE than a righteous man with no need of repentance. The joy expressed is FAR GREATER for these ones, and where they stand , the righteous cannot stand. They are loved and desired by the Creator as if they had never sinned at all. The Pharisees as we know were forever critical of Jesus and his efforts to bring people to God, and this scripture was nudging them and letting them know that they should have been fully engaging themselves and co-operating with his efforts.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

There is no basis in Scripture for the WT to have this rule regarding reinstated ones.

When you look at the example of the Prodigal Son, (which the WT uses in the case of DF ones), ....... Lost son comes back, is welcomed and embraced even before he gets to the house, is given every 'privelege' that can be bestowed upon him..............(fancy robe, fattened calf...etc).....And the brother, who is standing back watching this, is seen as a BAD EXAMPLE because he takes the huff, and 'finds it offensive'.

It was not seen fit for this 'lost son' to be 'eased back gently' into his home or family. He wasnt brought back into his home and made to sit in the corner or be quiet for a few months.......NO! He was IMMEDIATELY back in the limelight and was the cause of much rejoicing in that household....The same as in Luke 15 : 7.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I do not recall any time period elapsing with the prodigal son. In 2 Cor 2 Paul also failed to mention any sort of process and timeframe required before accepting back the brother.

• hotspur
    hotspur

Thanks for your responses - pretty much the same conclusions I'd come to but some interesting extras.

I spoke to mum about this (when she was talking) and she went VERY quiet when confronted with the "prodigal son"

I was disfellowshipped for living with my now wife -so what gives? I've undone the "The Sin". I really couldn't go back even if I wanted to humiliate myself.

Pharisees or Parasites? Maybe both - LoL

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

hotspur

I'm right there with you!!!! The whole reinstatement process is the #1 gripe I have with this religion...NOWHERE in the Bible does it say 1 word about there being a JC committee of 3 elders, that once DF'd you are to sit quietly and annonymously in the back of the Khall, that your family and friends must SHUN you until the same JC deems you 'approved', that you have to write a letter pleading your case, and that there is a specific 'time' period someone is to sit out to show repentance. King David freakin committed the ultimate of crimes and sins, and HE was never shunned nor kicked off his throne. As I recall, the Bible says that Jehovah SENT the prophet to call David out, which led him to repent, and yeah he had consequences - but they didn't involve shunning and a period of being 'dead' to anyone. Same goes with the prodigal son.

My parents had been up my butt about coming back, and I flat out ASKED them to show me where my being shunned was IN the Bible and that 2 stories in the Bible of 'sinners' have NO corellation with how JWs do things now - none. I refuse to play the game with MEN, write some letter to them begging THEM to forgive me and deem me 'ok'....

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

In the words of one of the classic rock bands of the 70's and early 80's.... Don't Look Back

The Oracle

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Add to the list of nonsensical no-no's when attempting reinstatement:

Must not be socializing with people of the 'world'
    Must not be socializing with other disfellowshipped people
    Must not be socializing with anyone who is a publisher - whether they are baptized or not

Basically, no human contact of ANY kind unless absolutely necessary like explaining to a paramedic why you ingested a bottle full of pills...

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

What it's paramount to saying, is that Jesus sarafice will not cover your sin until they say it does. It is like they are trying to put themselves in the way of Jesus forgiveness of the sin. Who does not need Grace?? ESPECIALLY in need of Grace are the men who elevate themselves into this position to judge others!! I sure wouldn't want to be them on judgement day!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit