Have you "Made the Truth Your Own"

by gubberningbody 14 Replies latest jw friends

• gubberningbody
  • gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I remember thinking that was a profound statement when I first heard it, however it was just a phrase used by every JW I knew.

If you have made it your own, then I suppose that might be why you are here. Once it's yours, you don't need an organization. An organization would only try to take it away from you.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I remember I thought I had when I was a teen. I thought I knew about my religion, and enough about other religions. Boy was I wrong.

• Mr. Monday Night
    Mr. Monday Night

Yes - I have made the truth my own without an organization to get to God Almighty!

PS - My favorite (and only) kingdom hall song I liked when I was young. The song is actually nicely written!

Ciao,

MMN

• carla
    carla

How could a jw make the 'truth' their own? doesn't that fly in the face of the gb and independent thinking? seems like the definition of oxymoron to me.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I know I loved that song too.

• yesidid
    yesidid

The composer of that song posts on this board.

He left the "truth" years ago.

• not a captive
    not a captive

I am still de-constructing the add-ons to see what it is. There is a lot of debris.

Every comment expresses what I experienced: If you make it your own you have made your way out. O sweet freedom! Now where is that wrecking bar?

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

Yes the song had a nice melody. “Make the truth your own” it’s a stupid statement the doctrines are owned and conceived by the Watchtower Society most are not even mentioned in the bible, so how can you make it your own, unless that means to give in and be Absorbed by Landrew, brain washed, give in.

http://i40.tinypic.com/312z3mt.jpg

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

Weird

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit