All the changes

by vinman 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• vinman
    vinman

Are their any newer people here, who recently found out TTATT, who has been disturbed by all the new changes in the organization? It is turning into something that feels impersonal. I know change is good. But it feels like the comfort of grandma's house is going away. Grandma is suffering midlife crisis. Even before I began to leave in my heart, it felt like it was becoming another religion. This just added to my fuel for leaving. (The "cart song " is so embarrassing)

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Newer as in newer in the truth or newer to the forum?
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Newer to the ttatt, I think he means.

most of the changes happened after we left...I really really am curious what my parents are thinking about all of it, but since we don't talk, I don't know.

• vinman
    vinman
    I am new to this forum and I only found out the TTATT 4 months ago. I must add, even my wife had the weirdest face when she watched the cart song. It is something you would never imagined would happen.
  • happy@last
    happy@last
    I think you'll find throughout their history strange things and changes have prompted members to question their motives and helped them to become free thinkers. Its part of your journey. A lot will question but find it too hard to give up their little bubble, others realise there's a big world out here that isn't as bad as they've been told and burst through.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Despite the fact that very many Witnesses are troubled by the speed and quantity of the changes, they won't/can't leave.

They justify their remaining by repeating the mantra, "Where else could we go?".

Peter actually said, "To whom", not "to where".

• New day
    New day
    What caused me to start thinking were all the recent changes. The identity of the fads, the insistence on the mad overlapping generation teaching, the change in accounting procedures and contributions with the 'forgiving' of mortgages replaced by an everlasting contribution. I was an elder up to not so long ago but now I am on the sidelines.
  • Ding
    Ding

What's the new cart song?

"From Cart to Cart We Go"?

• Muddy Waters
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

vinman - "Even before I began to leave in my heart, it felt like it was becoming another religion. This just added to my fuel for leaving."

If it makes you feel any better, loyalist rank-and-filers don't really want people like you to stay, anyway.

Thay do want the opportunity to kick in you in the ass on your way out, though, which is a big reason fading is, IMO, the best way to go, as it deprives them of that pleasure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit