AMAZING SPEECH by Stephen Fry

by iknowall558 24 Replies latest jw friends

• iknowall558
  • iknowall558
  • aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Excellant speech!

I didn't know Fry did that sort of thing.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Thanks for posting that.

I have listened to the whole speech. Humorous and polite to begin with. Then hard hitting, intelligent and his comments were based on historical and present day facts not belief.

He sounded nervous when he got to the more personal and damning part. A superb speech from a much admired man. Of course he lives in my country and is English which explains so much - don't you know.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

He sounded nervous when he got to the more personal and damning part.

Yes, i noticed that too.

So who is the black dude in the beanie?

And who is that woman sitting next to him, she didn't seem to happy with what Fy was saying.

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

iknowall558, Thanks for that link, very educational and truthful, reasonable, insightful, it takes courage to speak out like he did. The end of his discussion about Jesus' feelings if he was to walk into St.peter's square and how he would be treated by the Pope is spot on.

Blueblades

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR
    So who is the black dude in the beanie? And who is that woman sitting next to him...

Could be the Wild Beast and the Harlot!

• blondie
    blondie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Fry

There is a tv show that I watch called Bones and this is where I first met and enjoyed this man's work. I looked him up then and was astonished at how complex and experienced he is.

• tec
    tec

He speaks very well, (Of course; he's Stephen Fry) and he did sound as if he cares very much about the topic. He pulled me in by stating immediately that he respects the individual right to faith and expression of that faith, and then focused on what he considered the faults of the organization.

But I would love to see the entire debate with the opposing views.

Tammy

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon
    So who is the black dude in the beanie?

I believe he's a Catholic Bishop or Cardinal. Bishop I think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit