Family Worship Night

by cantleave 10 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

The Circuit Overseer's elders meeting I attended just under a year ago, talked a great deal about the Family Worship evening. One of the things that came out was that each family head should get a visit from an elder, in order to encourage this essential spiritual activity.

As I have since faded I was wondering if the elders really did do this? My experience is that shepherding calls are never really done unless someone has done something worthy of a JC.

So here's my question for all you guys and gals that still suffer meetings, have you had a visit from your group overseer, specifically encouraging you to make the most of family worship?

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

no elders been to see me, but they don't know where I live, so that really help alot

• carla
    carla

I wonder how they handle jw's with unbelieving families? Do they tell them to just give up on the walking corpses they live with?

• hoser
    hoser

Looks like the WBTS got the idear from the Mormons

http://www.lds.org/hf/fhe/welcome/0,16785,4210-1,00.html

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

my elders are always hounding me for shepherding calls, i blow them off

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

The last Ministerial meeting I went to, the CO went around the room and asked each of us what night we did Family Worship night on, and what did we study. I had never had a family worship night, so I just said "Wednesday nights and various topics". This was about a year ago.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Hoser,

I did not know that about the mormons. Thats funny. Thanks for the link.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Unfortunately, my hall does make sure to visit everyone. Every month they assign various brothers to visit about five families in each service group. It seems it is my service's groups turn to be visited. I was relieved to not see my name on the list to be visited. But, I do get a visit every other year it seems. They basically have planned what they are going to talk about. But, I'm not really up for a visit now.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

Family Worship Night......what can I say? The 'description' of it CHANGED from when the org announcement was made to what they SAY it is about now. I was still 'in' when this arrangement was changed, and when they first laid this out to the cong, it was with the whole explaination of how gas was skyrocketing (it was over $3/gal here on the east coast), things were more expensive, it was becoming a stress on the cong - so they were combining the mtgs and leaving a FWN for families to use to be 'together'.

NOW when they describe FWN, they vehemently DENY that its for economic reason - but that it's solely for families to have a Bible study together.

FUNNY...how things change!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They have yet to visit me. Maybe that's a good thing--because my "family worship night" is to Satan. That is, the same Satan that tried to set us free from the tyranny of Jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit