Fake Jws

by XPeterX 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

Here we go:Does anybody know any Witnesses who got baptised in order to achive something else instead of worshipping Jehovah?For example I know a JW who got baptised because his only motivation was to get laid (get married) with a female jw.

• cantleave
    cantleave

There are loads of examples. here's a few

To keep mum and dad happy

To get married

Because you mates are all getting baptised

You think when you are baptised the cult will suddenly make sense

You want to reach out for a position in the congregation

I am sure there are other reasons.

• Confuzzled
    Confuzzled

I was continually nagged at by the thought of "fake" converting to hold on to a not-so-ideal relationship. I suspect there are are others that are put in the same situation that make that choice, and Praise Jehovah all while knowng it's a load of BS t hold onto a relationship.

• asilentone
    asilentone

I hate fake JWs as long as they keep up the appearances for very selfish reasons. If they post here, I do not hate them. They must have a good reason to be a fake.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

All of my friends growing up have all left. Most got baptised because it was expected. I did it because I believed.

• RR
    RR

They're ALL fake!

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I did it mainly to keep my parents happy. I was 16, what else do you do when you're a kid and have nothing else going on?

No one I knew as a teenager who got baptized is still a Witness either, as far as I know.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Most people who get baptized are young impressionable teens who want to climb up to respectability as a JW adult.

And yes impressing your parents does have something to do with that also, not to mention the rest of the congregation.

Others I've seen do it to cover themselves with a thicker white coat of fake righteousness.

• dgp
    dgp

Instead of blaming the "fake JW", I would blame the organization that makes it necessary for people to baptize in order to achieve something perfectly legitimate like marrying your loved one. Or, making your parents happy. Or, all the reasons people gave above.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

It was the final straw for me.

I was associating with many that were going through divorces/struggling. They were all immoral, smoking, etc. Then would go to the KH and judge me for not wanting to.........

It was a huge factor in my walking away from the faith, as well as the people.

The common JW has no idea how many FAKE, filthy, immoral, lying JW's they are sitting next to in that assembly hall. There are MANY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit