I had to hurt my kids this weekend... it sucks

by Aussie Oz 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Page 2 of replies...

Mindmelder: I think the hypocrasy is starting to shine through. I document it all. What an evil bunch of people who teach that its ok to do these things in 'spiritual warfare' to save kids from one parent or the other.

chicpea: you are right! it will help them learn about the real world thats for sure. and how to stand up for oneself to boot.

Upnorth: absolutly. the kids had no idea the agreement existed till i told them and had them read it themselves. There was no way she was going to let them!

Yknot: thanks heaps. i'm sure they will apreciated my new firmness in this!

Baba yaga: i didn't think of it as a teaching experience, but you are 100% right.

Onthewayout: as i see it, the chice option for my son is for him to spend time with his biddies or girlfriend etc... NOT JW stuff. And thats how i put it to him too.

Penny2: i was very proud of him being strong, it was agony for him but i let him know how proud i was of him.

nugget: I used to hate lawyers... but a good one can be a life saver! I love the kids so much and i am sure that they see this through the crap curtain!

Peaches: not sure i know what (((( )))) means on the internet, but i think its hugs. And if thats even close... Thankyou so much!

White dove: Thanks for following. yes i will post followups... i also have a thread called 'update on the deprograming of my son' that i top up when ever i have made some progress.

LittleSister: You are right, sometimes pressure is needed in the right way...i really do think their mums tactics will backfire.

BlackSheep: thanks mate! one day we might just get that beer!

tec: Its a fine line between bashing and telling the facts sometimes... i strive to never bash the mum. i have a diplomatic approach to confrontation these days, it usually gets the message over better than a good slap!

Scott77: document document document! I was recently told; lawyers don't win cases, facts do. good advice.

GL Tirebiter: that was one of the first times i had to stand up and 'be the parent'. It felt good and i think/hope the kids liked it too.

Michelle365: thanks for that link, i will visit it tonight. Links like this are invaluable in our world!

Scully: respect. i'm not sure thats in the JW vocabulary is it? They need more lessons in it like the stand you have taken. that rocks!

LifeIsTooShort: i think i did help the kids, saying no is hard but also one of the most important lessons people can learn. Thankyou for the support.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit