by freein2004 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freein2004
    freein2004
    Okay so the number is literal but them coming out of Israel is not? Huh? What am I missing? How I ever believed any of their nonsense is mind boggling to me now.
  • TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Is the number really literal?

Christ said to forgive your brother 70 x 7 times a day. That means that you don't forgive him 71 times?

just asking

• stillin
    stillin

When you are the cult leader, the people must accept what you say. Pretty smooth operation that way.

i would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Literally every statement about the 144k is taken to be figurative, except the number itsel . Not only that, but essentially ever other number in revelation is taken to be figurative. I'm with you - how did I ever believe any of it? Oh, right, I was a child and had intrinsic trust in my parents...
  • vinman
    vinman
    Just a thought: Since the Watchtower says 12 can represent completeness, couldn't it represent complete spiritual Israel. A limited, yet undisclosed number, in contrast to the "great crowd" which no man was able to number?
  • Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

The 144,00 are sealed so that they are protected during calamities upon the earth. This shows where they are located.

Doug

• freein2004
    freein2004

Ha! OneEyedJoe u are so right! I was born in the org. I trusted everything I was told too. I did question some things. But oddly, never their bs explanTion of Revelation.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF
    I dont know why,,,,but I am remembering the scene from deliverence with the dueling banjos
  • economy
    economy
    Convenience is the criterion. You can decide whatever you like as literal and whatever you like as figurative.
  • jhine
    jhine

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/604-who-are-the-144-000-of-revelation-7-and-14

Hi , I have posted a link to an article about this and in particular the JW version of events . It may make surprising reading .

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit