Be very glad you don't live next door to me.

by Lady Lee 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

In the last 7 years 3 neighbors have died. All were not expected.

When I lived in Winnipeg our neighbor died. He was healthy one day and gone the next. It was a real shock to his wife.

Then when I first moved to Ottawa I was living at the Y waiting for accessible housing. A paraplegic moved intot he rook next to mine. Our bathrooms were next to each other. They were not accessible to one day he showed me how he would hurl himself out of his wheelchair and grab the sink to hold himself up. One day I heard this aweful bang and it sounded like he missed the sink and crashed intot he tub. I knocked on the door but there was no response so I got a staff member to open the door. He was dead on the floor.

Yesterday the police knocked at my door and asked if I knew the woman next door. Well I knew her. We were friendly enough in the halls but we weren't friends. Seems she died at least a few days ago and no one found her until her personal care worker knocked today and didn't get an answer. She called the police and they found her on the floor.

I gotta wonder who's next.

In the last case it was hard tracking down her daughter. No one knew her name or how to reach her. Finally they contacted someone who knew where she worked and they were able to contact her

LESSON:

Let people around you know how to contact family. Failing that put a sign on the wall near the door so emergency services can contact family if needed. If you haven't put emergency contact info in your wallet then do it. NOW! This is especially important if you don't have a driver's licence or other identifying info that would have next of kin on it.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Wow, your just like Jessica Fletcher!

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'm sorry about your neighbors, but I can't help laughing a little

• noni1974
    noni1974

Makes mental note not to move next door to Lady Lee.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Lady Lee, you should hurry up and move before something happens to you...(re-reads part about different locations, yadda yadda yadda)...so Mrs. Lee, if that's your real name (indignant tone) answer this question. How long have you been a serial killer?

Don't you love it when people jump to conclusions?

• troubled mind
  • White Dove
    White Dove

I'll be sure to look you up if I ever want to die

• dgp
    dgp

Well, I could agree to living a block away from you.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Could you please move to 25 Columbia Heights, Brooklyn, NY, USA?

-Yan

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Could you please move to 25 Columbia Heights, Brooklyn, NY, USA?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit