Witnesses in my neighborhood yesterday

by TanCatLuvr 13 Replies latest jw friends

• TanCatLuvr
    TanCatLuvr

Hubby told me that a mob of dubs got out of a mini van across from our house while i was at work yesterday (why do they always come when I am not home?)

An older brother and his son saw him in garage and came up to talk. Hubby being the polite guy he is, just listened.

Hubby told him about my background and why I left. He told the JW that the biggest problem I had with it was all the changes over the years and the big A.

So this guy actually ADMITS that this mistake of 1975 was actually published (and this is where the good part starts) but that the GB members that were responsible for this fiasco were kicked out of Bethel because of this mistake. WTF?????

Hubby continued to challenged the W and go toe to toe with him all the time trying to remember the word I told him to use if the JWs ever come around. For the life of him he could not remember the work APOSTATE! LOL

He told me to write it on a sticky note and put inside of door so he could refer to it next time they came!

• cantleave
    cantleave

It is a common rumour among JW's that Ray Franz was the propagator of the 1975 fiasco and that was why he was booted out.

The rumours are not dispelled by anyone who knows the truth. I hope those who continue to cover up the truth get what they deserve

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

i remember working out in field service once with a car group and i go to the house with a long time jw. older lady comes to the door and as i start my presentation the long time jw turns and starts walking away. i fumbled a bit, but continued. as i went to hand her the magazines, she smiled and said no. she then informed me that my long time jw friend knew her as she was an evil apostate. not her words about being an evil apostate, but his. how could he leave me there with this horrible hateful mean spirited woman. actually, she was very pleasant. she told me she recently moved into the home with her husband, daughter, and grandkid. she told me to have a nice day and said that if i was going to be a part of an organized religion, i should know everything i could about them. of course, at the time, i believed her to be bitter about probably being kicked out for doing something wrong. turned out, i was the one who was bitter since my long time jw friend left me there to fight alone.

• TanCatLuvr
    TanCatLuvr

That was not a common rumor in my area (FL) . I had never heard of this.

I did not leave until the late 90s and I don't rember this being the case...That Ray actually started the 1975 rumor and got kicked out for that. I had heard that he was just apostate.

The JW at the door acted like Ray was the one who made up the whole thing and got kicked our for it. I have never heard it 'spun' this way.

• peaches
    peaches

i would have hid under the table.....

• sd-7
    sd-7

Last time I got approached, I managed to make it look like I'd studied before but never gotten baptized (I never said as much, but the JW read into it that that was the case). (Apparently JWs are good at reading into stuff, since obviously they read into the 1975 thing more than was intended. And what the heck would be the intentions for publishing stuff like that? )

Wow, the blame being shifted to Ray Franz for that? Did he write all of the articles surrounding it, then? How could it be published without the 'unanimous approval' of the Governing Body? How did he even get to be on the GB to begin with if he had such bizarre personal ideas?

Reason on it, and that story just crumbles, especially when you read CoC itself. Sputnik, anyone?

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

sd-7, that is so correct. it would have needed approval for that to be published. so if one was guilty, all were.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Never heard any Ray Franz blamed for 1975 rumor, but then again I never paid much attention to that type of stuff. Makes for a perfect patsy for the WTS though. Instead of Ray leaving because of his conscience about the JW religion, the WTS could spin it to he was kicked out and have him take the fall for any 1975 fiasco backlash. The average JW would accept that explanation without question.

Think About It

• ziddina
    ziddina

Urk! TanCatLover, I used the word "apostate", every time the JWs came to my door, expecting it to cause me to be placed on a "Do Not Call" list...

Exactly the opposite happened... They tended to show up at my door with irritating regularity.

I tried several other approaches on them after that - I think the response that finally worked was either "I no longer worship "Johnny-come-lately" Middle-Eastern male volcano gods that are far, FAR younger than the worship of Goddesses - the bible is only 3,500 years old but Goddess' worship is AT LEAST 35,000 years old..."

Or "I no longer worship a death-oriented, Middle-Eastern male volcano god"...

Let us know if they call back, again! One thing's for sure, a couple of Mormons stuck their foot in my door when I politely told them I wasn't interested. The rant I then delivered rattled their cages, and I haven't seen them again, either!

Good luck...!! Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

"It is a common rumour among JW's that Ray Franz was the propagator of the 1975 fiasco and that was why he was booted out..."

Typical of the WTBTS' Guv.Bod... Wasn't it Nathan Knorr that began discussing 1975 from the podium, at district assemblies, as fulfilling "the end of 6,000 years of mankind's existence on the planet", around 1965 - 1967???

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit