Overlapping generations once more - some tie-in I'm not aware of?

by teel 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I've found that in most debates with JWs, you first have to inform them of what their organization actually teaches.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Its a weakly devised doctrinal change to keep the flock intact.

Many JWs that do have a ounce of intelligence and that have been instilled with

Those people who saw the events of 1914 bla bla bla... bull crap

Especially long time JWS, started to ask questions whats going on.

They obviously had to rework this bull from the original embellished story to make it all seem

real and viable.

Once some of their BS starts to stink they spray over it with perfumed fragrance to keep

people acknowledging what it really is, this is called new light or spiritual food at the proper time.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Elders do not have the time or inclination to discuss spiritual matters. There are far more more important items on the agenda:

• What colour do we paint the KH walls?
    • Which brother do we buy the decorating materials from?
    • Whose turn is it to clean the KH?
    • Which brother do we buy the cleaning materials from?
    • Why don't we have a new heating system?
    • Which brother do we buy the system from?
    • etc etc etc

George

Why don't we have a new PA system?

Which brother do we buy the PA system from?

• sd-7
    sd-7

LOL @ St George of England. So true.

Also true that most JWs don't even notice the changes--I sure didn't, I just knew there would be changes. I always felt the changes were for the better in general and not done for any practical, non-spiritual reasons. Those things in themselves might never have convinced me of anything--I and most JWs would need something more dramatic to shake up their perception of reality.

I brought up this generation change during my JC, and the elders were practically ecstatic about it! "At a certain point, you have to realize they're bending the rules of logic," I said. The bottom line of it to them was that the changes or even the false teachings were irrelevant. All that mattered was to (1) accept the anointed as the anointed, (2) accept the faithful slave as God's channel of communication, and (3) accept that this is God's organization. Of all the Bible's teachings, not a one of them would save me if I rejected these three items. I did. Hence, my DF'ing on March 10.

• sd-7
    sd-7
    I say wha? She won't discuss such "spiritual things" with me, so I turn to you. Was there anything resembling a prophecy explaining the overlapping generations?

I've not been to the 2-day assembly yet, but I can guarantee in advance that no prophecies are being uttered explaining this issue. If there are any, well, Jeremiah 23:16, 30-32:

"This is what the LORD Almighty says: Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you; they fill you with false hopes. They speak visions from their own minds, not from the mouth of the LORD...'Therefore', declares the LORD, 'I am against the prophets who steal from one another words supposedly from me. Yes,' declares the LORD, 'I am against the prophets who wag their own tongues and yet declare, 'The LORD declares.' Indeed, I am against those who prophesy false dreams,' declares the LORD. 'They tell them and lead my people astray with their reckless lies, yet I did not send or appoint them. They do not benefit these people in the least,' declares the LORD."

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

The women are thinking, I am so spiritual (and single) I comment and go in FS all the time. Elders and men think, "RATS, the CO is gonna kick my arse, I do not have any RVs this month" and children think......"Can't wait till I turn 18!!"

LOL - so true!!

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

It's a very interesting process, this doublespeak-doublethink stuff.

"This generation will be no means pass away untill all these things occur," said a man sitting in the Middle East just under twenty hundred years ago.

Firstly, somehow all of millions of Jehovah's Witnesses bought that "this" (which in English means this) actually meant "a people sometime in the future".

Surely he meant this? The generation of 35AD or whatever year it was?

So in Cultland, once people have bought a decidedly odd interpretation of this, when it comes to the minor details you can just play with them like a cat toying with a mouse.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Hmm--seems the apostates know more about what is going on within the cancer than the active witlesses do. I am finding out more about the religion and its teachings from this board than I ever would at the Kingdumb Hell.

I wonder if they ever give us a password for everlasting life, they will be able to keep that from being posted and repeated.

• JeffT
    JeffT

The 1979 articles about Jesus being mediator only for the 144K went right past my wife and I. It didn't really come to our attention until we were doing our research in 1988, at which point both of us went "this means JW's aren't even Christians." My wife got in a fight with a family member over it (her Aunt told her she was reading the Watchtower wrong). A couple of years ago I brought it up with a couple of dubs at my door. They told me I didn't know what I was talking about. I told them to look it up and come back. They never came back.

I think JW's are very good at sitting there at the meetings or assemblies or whatever, nodding sagely at the new light, and then forgetting what was said before they get home. They're all just flying on autopilot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit