Rape aXe Condom May Be Available

by sammielee24 27 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I had never heard of this before - I wonder if it would work? sammieswife

-

South African women may be issued with anti-rape condoms ahead of the Football World Cup.

A Cape Town doctor, Sonnete Ehlers, has asked that a condom she developed five years ago be given freely to women at risk.

She has said the condom, known as the Rape-aXe, is ready to be put into widespread use.

The condom is designed to be inserted into a woman's body. The interior has tiny spines which, in case of rape, attach to the man's penis.

Dr Ehlers has said the condom does not draw blood, as that might increase the danger of HIV infection.

However, she said, it does cause a great deal of pain if the man tries to remove the condom.

The condom has to be removed in hospital, meaning the rapist can be identified.

Since publicly announcing her invention, Dr Ehlers has become a celebrity, stirring a worldwide debate about the merits of her anti-rape device.

She has been on talk radio shows in places as far-flung as England and Australia.

Critics argue that the Rape-aXe could cause a man to become more violent when he realises he has been trapped, and the device does not prevent penetration, one of the most traumatic aspects of rape.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

My wife is in favor of giving every woman on the planet a firearm. It would be an interesting experiment.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Ben Rapistberger needs to wear one of those 24/7.

• yknot
    yknot

Wow...

I remember something similar being discussed back in the 80s......

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

This was a stunningly bad idea 5 years ago when I first heard about it, and it's a stunningly bad idea now.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

B&SM

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Nah, I have a wicked left cross and a decent right uppercut. And a gun, oh, and 20 years of judo lessons.

It really works, too, judo I mean...I once beat the piss out of a guy who attacked me outside of a building. Grabbed me from behind. He ran off bleeding and limping muchly.

Well, to be fair, I did use a brick on him. Most of the blood on his face and head came from that.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

...and his state of excitement will have to remain indefinitely for said device to remain attached, no?

(NOTE: Post edited to replace potentially offensive word.)

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    ...and his erection will have to remain indefinitely for said device to remain attached, no?

Welcome! You have the distinct honor of having the word "erection" in your first post. It remains to be seen if this is significant.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Oops, clearly not a good intro . My apologies to the powers to be here. ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit