by jehovahsheep 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

since 1879 how many DIFFERENT ones associated with the wts do you think have stated they were of the 144000 ? for example in 1948 alone there was 25000.with perhaps hundreds of thousands 1st century christians reaching out for the heavenly reward-we can see their premise is ludricious.the wts doctrinal house is built on the shaky foundation of ct russell.

• Heaven
    Heaven

My grandfather was one of them.

• blondie
    blondie

I do believe it would have been 100% except for minor children. All Bible Students had until 1935 was the hope of going to heaven; any people they found they taught this was the hope. By 1925, over 90,000 attended the memorial (and very likely all partook).

As to how many there were in the first century, non-jw historians admit that it is hard to determine how many there were due to few reports of the statistics at that time (except the bible's 120, 3,000, and 5,000 numbers).

Rodney Stark--The Rise of Christianity

http://www.amazon.com/Rise-Christianity-Marginal-Movement-Religious/dp/0060677015

http://www.touchstonemag.com/archives/article.php?id=13-01-044-i

http://notes.utk.edu/bio/unistudy.nsf/f5b2cbf2a827c0198525624b00057d30/04b4e30c924e96ac8525738a006ec9c2/$FILE/Notes%20on%20Stark%20The%20Rise%20of%20Christianity.pdf

The WTS says that what numbers were recorded are not true Christians.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

From 1879 until today? I would guess the number is probably close to 200,000.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

jehovahsheep -- Logic need not dictate (cult) reality. When the math reaches the tipping point, New Lite will reveal that the number (!!!) is symbolic, not literal.

With a little practice, you'll be able to predict their moves a mile away. Ray Franz has been doing it for years. The key to this is thinking of them as follows: a publishing corporation evolving to survive.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I could honestly see the WT eliminating this issue by stating that "evidently both those of the heavenly class and the 'other sheep' have been gathered concurrently since Jesus day." Then this would give their answer to those who simply do the math and realize how ridiculous it is to say the numer has not been filled since Jesus day.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They keep JW's from a good college education, hoping they don't figure out that 144,000 is not so huge a number that it wouldn't have been fulfilled by the second century and there were probably about that many "in the last days" also.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Isn't the 144K about 168K now?

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

They will just release a new version of the New World Translation and keep adding zeros.

New "Light" and New "Scrolls" = 1,440,000

Newer Light and Newer Scrolls - 14,400,000

And the beat goes on.....

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"A day for a year, a day for a year."

"A man for a dozen, a man for a dozen."

144,000 x 12.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit