PRAYERS NEEDED!!

by WuzLovesDubs 19 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

So sorry to hear this news . I hope your sister can get there ASAP . Sending good ,positive thoughts your way .

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

Since God and I have issues we aren't currently on speaking terms, but you and your family are in my thoughts and I am willing your BIL a speedy recovery. Take heart he is in the best place and getting the care he needs.

With much love,

LittleSis

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Sorry to hear of this situation. I will definitely mention you and your brother-in-law in my prayers.

• yknot
  • jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

So sorry to her the news...sending positive energy your way.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

My sister is out there with her two children. He is in a medically induced coma under cold blankets to keep his temperature at about 33 and on pain medication. She sounds like...well Ive never heard that voice before. Frighteningly controlled and stressed and petrified. Her husband was apparently waiting to cross a street at a light after he had run and collapsed and hit his head as well very hard. People came to his aid immediately, doing CPR and having to restart his heart over and over and when they got him in the ambulance they needed to start it again. They think he had a time of about 16 minutes or so without oxygen flow. The doctor told my sister he had massive damage to his heart. She swallowed, and said "My children are with me. We are all tired and will go back tomorrow when they try to wean him back out of the coma." she hesitated and then said "The doctor used the word....'grim'."

That word just hung there between us in the 4000 miles that separate us right now. And we both know what that means.

He cannot die you guys...he is only 58 years old and they were making plans to retire soon and he is her biggest fan and she his biggest admirer and love. They met at 14 and have been inseparable since. She was the head cheerleader, the lead in the chorus, he the captain of the football team and MVP and quarterback....they were king and queen of the prom in 1969. They have the kind of love I always wished I had found in my life.

My little brother's wife died at age 44 only three years ago of pancreatic cancer.

This cant happen. What must she be thinking. I know she is up as I am and I wish I could hold her.

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

I wish I could give you more than prayers and good thoughts, but you have those. Loss is a part of life but one we never get used to. Hugs from Texas.

• snowbird
  • Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Wuz, my heart is heavy for the pain and panic your family must be feeling. I am so sorry you all are enduring this right now, please know there are people out there you've never met or given a second thought too that are thinking of you and wishing for the best outcome possible.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

My brother called... they are giving him 72 hours on the medical coma and trying to wean him off the meds and treatment to see if there is any response by any of his organs. His lungs are filling with fluid. His heart is not operating on its own. They believe there is severe neurological damage to the brain stem.

I dont know what I would do in that situation...if I was my sister....if you try to keep someone with you even if the person you loved really isnt in there any more? If the body survives at all?

We dont ever have any preparation for these things in our lives. No instruction. Nothing to do but stand there like a deer in the headlights wondering what the fuck just happened.

The only really good positive thing about any of this...is that his wife, and his children are by his side.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit