Putting the 'probability argument' against abiogenesis in the grave once and for all

by bohm 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Twitch
    Twitch

I rest my case.

Back to our regularly scheduled thread,..

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Oh, I almost forgot.

You cannot PROVE that life originated in a "soup" of any kind, so this thread is pointless.

I rest MY case..............FOREVER.

Goodnight, and sleep tight.

Judge Dread

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Your usage of the word 'smokescreen' shows that you've obviously been exposed to ideas about logical fallacies. It's just a shame that all you've picked up from those ideas are buzzwords which you don't understand & absolutely no substance at all.

Science is nothing to do with God, & the study of abiogenesis is nothing to do with God, it neither wants to prove nor disprove his existence, no smokescreen there (not that you'll have a clue what you even meant by that), just cold, hard reality. People who study abiogenesis do not care about God, & your insistence on ramming him in there at any cost & in any way possible is pathetic, nauseating, boring, ignorant & just plain dumb.

Go away & learn something, then come back & contribute, because as it is, you are the equivalent of a newborn baby in a research laboratory.

And any use of profanity by anyone does nothing to diminish anyone's case, it just shows how pissed off people like me get when faced with willful ignorance & intellectual dishonesty.

Oh & by the way, you cannot PROVE God exists, so your entire life is pointless.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Amen

;)

• bohm
    bohm

great comments, interesting discussion! im sorry i dont have the time to babysit the topic since im on vecation, but i am happy that noone has yet attempted to defend Hoyles Fallacy!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

It's a shame that I agree with you here, Bohm. While in person, I would never presume to argue with you in your field of expertise....but this is an internet board....

BTS

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread
    Oh & by the way, you cannot PROVE God exists, so your entire life is pointless.

I cannot prove, nor have I ever claimed to be able to prove, God exists.

Now, you and your minions claim that life came from some sort of primordial soup.

If you would get your head out of your ass, look around, and use what little brainpower you have, you might, and I mean might, come to your own conclusion, instead of letting someone else think for you.

Judge Dread

• bohm
    bohm

JD: "Now, you and your minions claim that life came from some sort of primordial soup.

If you would get your head out of your ass, look around, and use what little brainpower you have, you might, and I mean might, come to your own conclusion, instead of letting someone else think for you."

JD, indeed, i have very little brain power. In fact, i have so little i am extremely sure if i just go around eye-balling the world i would end up with conclusions such as the earth is flat, that people just keel over and die because of evil spirits, that the sun is smaller than the moon and the earth is the center of the universe.

Because of my small brain i rely on carefully gathered evidence and theories build on said evidence. Because i dont 'just know' i am right, i have to rely on the crude tools of mathematics and logic to help me put the data together and build my worldview upon. Indeed i do rely upon others; because these processes are so inefficient i must rely on millions of other small-minded people with their heads up their asses who have carefully gathered evidence in centuries before me.

What a super human you must be! think of the how different the world would be if all thought like you!

In the mean time, i can just conclude you have brought nothing of value to subject of the thread except some anatomical observations..

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

I believe Judge Dread was talking to me in that post. He is under the extremely wise & well thought out impression that the only way to know anything for certain about the world, is to work it all out for yourself.

This is how the ancient people of old used to do things. They used to work it all out for themselves, they had great integrity, they would not allow anyone else to tell them how to think. Unlike me, they didn't have their heads up their arsehole, they looked around them & made it up as they went along. They were also unlike myself, not to mention everyone else on this planet who believes in team work, community, & excepting the claims of others when those claims are well presented & backed up with compelling evidence (i.e. everyone on earth aside from Judge Dread, & maybe a few other scattered creationists), in that they were never actually correct in any of their observations. They also achieved virtually nothing, they brought very little to the table.

But then something happened, about 50,000 years ago, community in it's modern form evolved, & people began to work together, & learn from eachother. The result? Science, technology, civilisation, medicine, agriculture, industry, space rockets, televisions, radios, computers, telephones, the electricity grid, cars, aeroplanes, plumbing, & of course the internet. Yes, the internet, that disgusting, terrible thing that was created by stupid, idiotic people who made the fatal error of working together & listening to eachother & relying on eachother's thoughts & opinions, that pointless, worthless thing that Judge Dread is so wisely & beautifully using to make the point that relying on other people & listening to their thoughts & ideas is such a dumb & brainless thing to do.

What a bunch of nutcase clowns we all are for listening to eachother's ideas & basing our worldview's on a healthy mixture of other people's evidence & insights together with our own opinions & reasoning. If only we had more brainpower, like Judge Dread, if only we would take our heads out of our arseholes & look around us, then perhaps we MIGHT, & i emphasise the word MIGHT, be able to come to the conclusion that everything we've ever been told by scientists that doesn't comform to our own preconceptions is wrong, listening to other people equates to not thinking for yourself, the internet only works by accident, & life didn't develop in primordial soup (strawman), but rather came from God, even though we're not going to be brave enough to admit that that's what we really think.

What losers we all are. If only we were more like Judge Dread. If only...

By the way Judge Dread, my limited brainpower was enough to allow me (a helpless born-in) to see through the lies & bullshit of the WT & get me the hell out of there before the age of 19. How old were you when you realised they were frauds? Have you even come to that realisation yet?

• bohm
    bohm

bumping this up for the new crowd who fancy the probability argument.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit