Putting the 'probability argument' against abiogenesis in the grave once and for all

by bohm 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread
    You honestly think that science & the pursuit of knowledge regarding our origins & existence is merely an attempt to prove that God doesn't exist?What an ignorant arsehole you are. You're a disgrace to humanity. Fuck off & don't come back.

So, then, it is to prove that God DOES exist? Nice smokescreen.

I plead guilty to your charges, but I DID come back?

Now what?

Judge Dread

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Paradox...believing that the whole universe hinges on whether you're your own grandpa or not. LOL

When you get right down to it, Yourself is the only universe any of us have ever experienced personally and it means NOTHING much. Captain Kirk used to kill alien computers with this kind of stuff..."Everything I say is true, but everything I'm telling you is a lie."

If you use yourself as a point of reference about yourself, it's meaningless as far as objectivity. This is why even psychologists go to psychologists, you can't analyze your own problems any more than you can do brain surgery on yourself, because no one is capable of complete objectivity about themselves and their beliefs, which are part of the ego structure.

We're very tied to our opinions and beliefs, they sustain us. They can be total CRAP as far as factually accurate, but they can still sustain us until they're so unsupportable that it all collapses at once like an empty balloon.

I hate to see that happen to people it's not pretty, but if you find out things you believe in are harmful to you and others, it's worth the blow to the ego.

I don't think belief in God is harmful in and of itself, just that a lot of harmful things have been done in the name of God. I doubt you can get rid of the belief that there's superhuman entities just because some abuse the notion, unless you can find someway that people can easily understand that TOTALLY disproves it, though.

• Twitch
    Twitch

I have never seen so much effort put forward in trying to prove someone does not exist.

What a sad lot.

Judge Dread

No, really, it was a talking snake that got us into this mess. I see the light now.

So, then, it is to prove that God DOES exist? Nice smokescreen.

Are you retarded? Go back to sleep. Reason is not your forte. lmao

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Either she spilled the rice, ie it landed on the floor 'on random', or she carefully designed the configuration of the rice.

The latter also smacks of a Texas Sharpshooter fallacy.

There is no prior expectation that she would arrange the rice in that, or any, particular configuration.

And how many potential configurations are there? Just because we have one particular result (whether the rice configuration or the formation of proteins) doesn't mean that is the only result that could obtain in the range of circumstances.

• Leolaia
  • Judge Dread
    Judge Dread
    No, really, it was a talking snake that got us into this mess. I see the light now.

Where did I mention a talking snake?

Judge Dread

• Twitch
    Twitch

And how many potential configurations are there? Just because we have one particular result (whether the rice configuration or the formation of proteins) doesn't mean that is the only result that could obtain in the range of circumstances.

Exactly. 1000 Judge Dreads, 1000 typewriters, 1000 years, something intelligent just might be written,...

Now quit trying to derail the thread with your drivel. There's intelligent people discussing rational things here. Go back to the Man with the Yellow Hat and get yer accordian back,...

lmao

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread
    I have never seen so much effort put forward in trying to prove someone does not exist.
    What a sad lot.

A truthful observation, followed by profanity and insults.

By self-proclaimed "intelligent, rational people", at that!

Judge Dread

• Twitch
    Twitch

LMAO

Observation? This implies impartiality, of which your statement has none; in fact this and most of your statements are in fact crude judgements spawned from your myopic viewpoint and limited experience. And I'm the bad guy for responding in kind, if only to prove a point? No witty reparte? You disappoint Judge Dread. No fear here.

Now please, observe proper and courteous web etiquette and refrain from further derailment. I wash my hands of this, ;)

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Now, I am LMAO!

Don't forget to dry them!

Judge Dread

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit