Do not go to collage this past Sunday at the special assembly day!

by life is to short 18 Replies latest jw friends

• life is to short
    life is to short

Thanks palmtree

• I quit!
    I quit!

Good post Life is too short. I would ask this bonehead elder if he was glad that his doctor, dentist etc went to college. If everyone back then had taken the Watchtower's advise we'd be in big trouble now. By now there would be no doctors left alive. Thank God only a small percentage of the population listened to the bad advice of these morons.

• White Dove
    White Dove

My mom always said to me when I begged her to let me go to college that I didn't need a ca-REER! She said "career" with such disgust.

• White Dove
    White Dove

My little sister used to say amblee-ance when she was little

• Caligula1
    Caligula1

I gave up a 4 year college scholarship.

That's one of my hot buttons.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

When I went to my last elders' school, they had a part about the lack of value of a higher education.

They interviewed 3 guys who had attended and graduated college and were now elders.

The whole part was about how worthless their education was, how it didn't compare to the spiritual treasures they now had, etc......

Well, which elders at that school had the best paying jobs, wore the best suits, and drove the nicest cars?

Yep - those three! 2 were executives at major companies, and the other was an engineer.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

He started pioneering due to the fact that the end was SOOOOOOOOOO CLOSE....So 60 years after still the end is CLOOOOOOOOSER...

WT is crap dude...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It would have been better to stay in college. No, college is not perfect. It is possible to get a 4- or 8-year college degree to wash dishes. However, it does improve the odds. And in this Great Recession Depression, even washing dishes is better than nothing.

And that was back in the 1950s! They were harping on how close the end was then--and now it is "even closer". Trouble is, it was "even closer" in the 1950s than it was supposedly when it was first supposed to have happened--1874! And, what are the chances of "it" happening during the next 8 years if they were wrong about it for more than 135 years?

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

..same ol' same ol' - just rehashing it for the masses that have no education - and believe it.

(I can still hear the spontaneous applause... I think I threw up a little in my mouth...)

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit