Did any of you ever do this?

by doublelife 16 Replies latest jw friends

• cult classic
    cult classic

Hey doublelife - yeah we did it - and like most have said, got hired too. But it is embarrassing when you think about it. LOL

Cult Classic

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    My pioneer school under education

It may be an asset, if you're looking for a job in sales! It shows you're a person who can take a rejection, turn right around, and make the same pitch to the next prospect.

• doublelife
    doublelife

I like everyone's experiences. I haven't been on the board in a couple of days because I've been faxing resumes to people.

cult classic: "it is embarrassing" Exactly. I've never had problems getting hired either but it's still embarrassing to put it on there.

• cult classic
    cult classic

You know I was thinking about this again. The reason it's so embarrassing is b/c it means we were brainwashed to think that Jehovah would bless us with a job. So if we put down something witness related it was like a lucky charm (which we don't believe in). If we got the job it wasn't b/c of being skilled in that particular field but rather that Jehovah blessed us for not being ashamed of him and his name.

It never dawned on me that the other people at the company got the job too........without being enrolled in the theocratic ministry school.

Cult Classic

• dissed
    dissed

Uhm...maybe I can add this to my resume in hopes to get a position in management.

- Able to organize large groups of differing individuals in door to door sales canvasing and make decisive, well thought out solutions, and make resolutions to overcoming objectives.

Also, am highly skilled in life and death situations, with years of experience in deciding and discerning what is really in peoples hearts. A must in today's corporations in determing loyalty from its employees.

Have the ability to spy, gather facts, real or imagined, investigating possible future employees or those in-line for advancement or demotion. Have no conscience, no heart and can be used to terminate employees without any problems whatsoever.

As always, a company person, my motto being, "My company right or wrong, as long as I get my paycheck"

• cantleave
    cantleave

I have stated in interviews that I have given a speech to an audience of over 1500 - you score big brownie points for that.

• doublelife
    doublelife

cult classic: Good point.

dissed: LOL! I love it! But, since I wasn't a brother those wouldn't apply to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit