JW's being asked not to marry?

by life is to short 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

THEY DON'T WANT YOU DOING ANYTHING EXCEPT what they tell you.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

In Watchtower World..

There are 2 Opposing Ideas,given Equal Merit..

#1:"Don`t get Married"..

#2:"Only Marry a Jehovah`s Witness"..

Jehovah`s Witness who can Do Both..

Are..

Admired in Watchtower World..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• St George of England
    St George of England

I knew a sister who died, in her 80's, she had been a pioneer and then had gone to Gilead, then become a missionary. She never married and died alone and full of disappointment and regret.

George

• belbab
    belbab

Nathan Homer Knorr told a group of Gilead Graduates in the early 1950's that if they got married they were robbing Jehovah. She was troubled bly this declaration. The missionary sister who told me this was assigned to Quebec when there were mobs and much conflict. Later she married a Brooklyn bethelite heavy where she still is til this day. Her husband is on the board of directors of one of the corporations.

belbab

• garyneal
    garyneal

*sigh*

If this is what is being peddled in the Kingdom Hall where my wife attends then I am truly feeling sorry for her and the conflict that it will stir in her heart. I just hope she sees past that crap and sees that there are a lot of brothas and sistas in the cong who are also married, many to non-believers.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

They seem to willingly recruit people to become single serving working slaves, then when they

get old and aren't capable to continue on with their duties, they figuratively dump them out on to the street.

There appears to be a rotating carisle of in you go out you go and the out you go isn't very pleasant at all.

I've yet to hear of place where they look after their long time working servants of their Bethel locations,

taking care of their health needs and accommodations.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this .

• Balsam
    Balsam

Back in the 70's they were encouraging the same crap. My now ex-husband and I were already married when we became witness and all the rage was if you were single stay single. If you were married remain childless till the new system. I knew many who went without having kids. It has been a long time practice of JW's to avoid having kids. Good I hope they shrink and disappear. LOL

• garyneal
    garyneal
    Good I hope they shrink and disappear.

Same here, maybe the movement will become extinct.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

GILEAD only accepts couples now.

HB

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I remember this tripe being dished out when I was a youngster. (I didn't pay too much attention to it.)

Quick Survey - (It's already been partially discussed)

How many congregations have single males that are 'Elders' (or whatever they're called nowadays). I'm not talking about widowed - or divorced - but SINGLE Elders.

When I was a teen, there was one middle-aged fella - and in order to progress - he was told he would need to get married. He did.

Later on - to progress further - he was told he would need to have kids. By this time - he weren't no spring chicken - nor was his wife. Well - he/she did - have kiddos (who were teenagers when he was in his 60's - if I recall correctly).

So - basically - while they 'preach' singleness - if you are - you won't go far - cuz they'll quote some scripture about being 'head of your household' or some bs like that. Stupid idiots.

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit