"Big Fish in small goldfish bowls"

by stuckinarut2 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

You know, the more we think about it, Jehovah's Witnesses are just like "Big Fish in small goldfish bowls".

Yes, they may appear important, or "big" but this is only within a very small sphere of influence - yes only within a small and limited world.

To those outside of that small insular world, they are "no-bodies", unimportant, or at least insignificant in the real scheme of life.

So, the next time something from the witness world seems to be a big issue in our lives, step back and look at things from "outside of the goldfish bowl"

• Giordano
    Giordano

I agree with you 100%. This is a a little group who like the Scientology folks inflate their numbers and importance. They really have nothing to say other then they are a 19th century religion with warmed over Adventist beliefs and wheal a heavy stick for DF and DA people willy nilly. They are on record as saying the JW must march in rank, never independent even if what they are marching for is wrong.

They are at minimum a high control cult.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You know, the more we think about it, Jehovah's Witnesses are just like "Big Fish in small goldfish bowls".

...................................................................................ARE YOU AWARE OF..

..........................................................................HOW IMPORTANT WE ARE??!!..

............Image result for Jehovahs witness logo...........http://www.affinite.com/images/big-fish-in-small-bowl.jpg

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

Very encouraging words Stuck! This really will come in handy in my case.

• Divergent
    Divergent

What's an elder / ministerial servant / pioneer / bethelite / circuit overseer outside the goldfish bowl? NOTHING!!!

It's sickening to see JW's to be awed & give so much reverance to such ones who have "titles" when they have no power, authority, & influence over those in the outside world!

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Very true post. And to add to this the longer they spend in that bowl they are not just nobodies. They are virtualy drones. I have observed many (Mostly with younger gen y raised in's) that have nothing to talk about. No passion. no interests. They laugh at things that are not funny in the least. No personality. the limits of their world are numerous.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

And to continue the analogy:

Just like a goldfish that swims around in circles with a short memory, JWs are always thinking they are seeing something "new", but in reality they are just seeing the same old, same old stuff over and over again....

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Should be their slogan- You too can be a little fish in a miniscule puddle!

In fact, I've often thought that the JW religion attracts people for that very reason.

No education or qualifications required.

• Awake at last
    Awake at last
    Freemindfade, do you think the increase in young ones in the org being home schooled could be part of the problems you mentioned? Just a thought.
  • stillin
    stillin
    Along that same line, I have always considered the "big" events in the local congregation as a "tempest in a teapot." Take one little step away from it all and it becomes trivial.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit