"Guilt trip" from a Sister

by tooktheredpill 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• nelly136
    nelly136

i'd keep the message in case theres any hassle later.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

sounds to me that she was reading from a script... no doubt from an elder looking for goods. At the end of the month expect to be anounced as D/A in absence.

oz

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

I love the transparency of the message. Some Dubs try harder to hide their motives but basically still come from the same angle. As invasive, rude and nasty as that message was - it's just a reminder of what you left behind.

Did you give your elder book back?

MMXIV

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Sadlly this is the reality of what happens if you 'step away'. Somewhere deep down inside, you have the hope that those closest to you will still 'love' you, purely because they know YOU...the human being. Unfortunately, the org. does a really good job in training its members to detach themselves from people, even from their nearest and dearest. It is actually really scary to think that this is how they will react in obedience to the org., convinced that they are keeping themselves right with God. Even if this may go against the grain of what they 'naturally' feel inside,...(you will see it every time), that in spite of what any active JW may say..(love bombing), they care more about the org. than the people in it. Sad but true!

You are in good company here TTRP, we all understand what you are putting up with at the moment. Go out and make new friends...ones who will love you for who are even if you disagree with them. True love has no conditions...is this what 'old sister' is offering to you? I think its a case of 'thanks...but no thanks'.

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

MMXIV: I put the book in a box and left it in front of the Elder's door during a meeting time. (I made a copy of all the book before, including my notes! ;)

iknowall558: Thanks for your comments. I'm making new friends, and I have no plans of going back. Right now I'm happy and free! ;)

Aussie: Right now, I really don't care if I'm DF'd in absence. My only worry are my parents. All the rest can go to #%@&... ;)

Open Mind: HI!!! I always come to the forum, but I don't post that much. Nice to hear from you too!

Have a great day everyone!!

TTRP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit