"Guilt trip" from a Sister

by tooktheredpill 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Hi Guys!

This morning I heard a voicemail left by an old sister from my last congregation. As you may know, I just disappeared from the KH meetings almost 2 years ago. There was some gossiping about my supposed "apostasy", but nobody confronted me to see if it was true. Everybody disappeared from our lives with the exception of 3 or 4 people that have called to insist us to “come back to Jah’s Organization”… (The only call from an Elder, was to ask me to return the Elder’s Book!! - and I want to keep it that way!! ;) I no longer answer calls from anybody, in order to avoid problems with my family (I’m not DA or DF).

To make the long story short, she started telling me (with a really sad voice) that “she still love me and my wife”, that she “wanted to know about us”, that she “misses us at the meetings”, and so on. Then, her tone of voice started changing a little… She started accusing us that we “no longer love her”… and that she “will give me until the end of the month to call her, to let her know if I’m still a Jehovah’s Witness, and that if not, she will not bother me anymore”!!!

Can you believe it? She started with the love bombing, but at the end, she was giving me an “ultimatum”??? WTF??

It's not that I'm interested in having a "friendship" with her, but, Is this a logical way to address someone with "Spiritual Problems"(tm)??

It’s very sad how this corporation can control the “love” of the people! Let me tell you: conditioned love is NOT real love!! I don’t need that kind of “Love”.

Do you have similar experiences??

TTRP

• sir82
    sir82

She's doing just what the WTS has trained her to do. She is trained to worry about "bodies in the Kingdom Hall", not people.

I'd call and tell her that while you appreciate her concern, you don't respond to ultimatums, and when she cares about your well-being as a person, to give you a call. The end.

Call her when she's at a meeting if you don't actually want to talk, and leave a message.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Many JWs have become masters at Emotional Blackmail. I'm sorry to hear this.

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Sir82: Thank's for your suggestion.

Leavingwt: At least my parents still talk to me, and don't use this "emotional blackmail" with me.

TTRP

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

It's not that I'm interested in having a "friendship" with her

I think thats the key right there.......

Dont let that passive-aggressive garbage work on you......I would let my silence speak volumes. LeavingWT hit it right on the head.

She started accusing us that we “no longer love her”… and that she “will give me until the end of the month to call her, to let her know if I’m still a Jehovah’s Witness......

True friends dont pull that crap. A simple "HI, I was thinking about you" without bringing up your status as a JW would have spoken volumes to me.

So does her method...

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    and that she “will give me until the end of the month to call her, to let her know if I’m still a Jehovah’s Witness, and that if not, she will not bother me anymore”!!!

Make sure you get that in writing.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

Many JWs have become masters at Emotional Blackmail. I'm sorry to hear this.

AMEN! All JWs are technically trained to do this...to abuse the 1 core emotion given to us as human beings - LOVE! If the (love bombing doesn't work) 'we miss you at the mtgs', and then the (manipulation doesn't work) 'there's a lot you've missed. maybe you should come to the mtgs regularly again?', THEN they stoop to flat out emotional blackmail "really miss you and wish you would come back to mtgs - Armaggedon is coming and your LIFE depends on it!"

UGH!

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Thanks for your comments.

The only time that my dad tried to use this kind of manipulation was when he told me that "I've chosen destruction" because I told him that I was not returning to the meetings. It didn't work. But that was the last time that he mentioned anything JW to me.

TTRP

• Open mind
    Open mind

Sad to what's actually lurking just beneath the surface of "JW Brotherly Love".

Nice to hear from you TTRP!

om

• peaches
    peaches

do you need any help pulling the knife out of your back??? how sad...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit