Doesn't an 'allegorical' Garden of Eden nullify the need for a Ransom?

by AK - Jeff 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    I don't see any fundamentalists jumping to allegory. If they do, they aren't fundamentalist any more.

My thought too.

As respects one point made by Leo: my observation is that fundy Christians who prefer to believe in the literal account of Adam and Eve are the ones I see jumping over to the 'allegorical' opinion when painted into the corner by scientific evidence. So my discussion is involving fundies who leap out of panic.

Okay so you are only referring to fundies who as a resort use the allegorical interpretation as a fall-back position. But my negative answer to your question "Wouldn't an allegorical Eden void the Ransom?" still stands. If they fall back on Eden as allegory, they could easily have a doctrine of the ransom that doesn't have anything to do with Eden. In fact, as argued above, there is no necessary reason to predicate a ransom doctrine on the Eden narrative at all.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Read the 1st book of Adam and Eve, http://www.hiddenmysteries.com/freebook/adameve/adamevetoc.html

Without trying to explain it myself, it's the closest thing in print I've seen that makes sense. This is along the lines w/ the book of Enoch

• Meeting Junkie No More

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit